Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 18 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Markx wrote: »
    Right, so everybody replying so far has taken the pi$$ out of this idea and I can see why. On balance it's probably a bad move

But...an alternative view is that if (1) you aren't worried about losing value in Vardy, (2) have the funds to do it, (3) can do it for free, (4) don't have any other issues and (5) commit to captaining Kane for the next two games at least then it could be a good move. That's a lot of 'ifs'.

I mean, let's not kill all alternative thought here!

You have two other strikers

Vardy has returned in 12 of 17 weeks, 6 of those have been double digits. If he was 12m he'd be good value

I need to get rid of Jesus to make way for Salah in GW19. Would it be ridiculous to consider Pukki over Abraham or Ings?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Green&Red wrote: »
    You have two other strikers

Vardy has returned in 12 of 17 weeks, 6 of those have been double digits. If he was 12m he'd be good value

You have two other strikers but they are not at a premium price. The other 2 wouldn’t allow Kane.

I need to get rid of Jesus to make way for Salah in GW19. Would it be ridiculous to consider Pukki over Abraham or Ings?

I think Deuleofeu is worth a shout!

Chesty08 wrote: »

Very punty but good fixtures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

He looked very much on the wing on Saturday

He looked very much on the wing on Saturday

He looked very very good. Probably should of had a goal & assist.

Pearson is a positive manager. They Are definitely team with low confidence but I think that performance on Saturday will give them huge encouragement.

I seen something about their xG goals it is very high in comparison to actual goals scored - think it was like 50/50 , the worst in the league.

So they are creating. They have 3 in next 4 at home. There are a lot of template players all playing each other so I think scores won’t be as high. I think this could be a good time to punt.

I’m considering Abraham out for him. I only got him recent enough so no value tied to him.

My other option is Pulisic to Grealish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Did Mousset and Mane out for Rashford and Alli. Gone for a spurs double up with Son.

Plan to get Mane/Salah back in for GW25

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Only because he broke his toe in the last game. Big doubts about game time now even though he played on the last day.

If he wasn't injured then I would be saying to get him in. He's looking very sharp, could have had a hat trick on Saturday. He has got me 27 points in the last 4 GWs since bringing him back. On a par with Ings.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Maupay (5.8) would be my punt at the moment, 3 in 3 and even their "tough" fixtures coming up are agains teams conceding goals (Chelsea and Spurs)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Maupay (5.8) would be my punt at the moment, 3 in 3 and even their "tough" fixtures coming up are agains teams conceding goals (Chelsea and Spurs)

Was just going to suggest Maupay, have my eye on him as a Kane replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Right, so everybody replying so far has taken the pi$$ out of this idea and I can see why. On balance it's probably a bad move

But...an alternative view is that if (1) you aren't worried about losing value in Vardy, (2) have the funds to do it, (3) can do it for free, (4) don't have any other issues and (5) commit to captaining Kane for the next two games at least then it could be a good move. That's a lot of 'ifs'.

Why would you commit to captaining him over better options ?
    Because of his price ...........
    There is no good reason to bring Kane in for Vardy as it stands. It’s madness
    There could MAYBE be an argument to bring him in for others . But not for me
    You are also ignoring that there are better, cheaper and more trustworthy captain choices in the spurs squad too

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It could work in theory. But it is a minute percentage move which makes it a bad bad choice whether it pays off or not.

Vardy is the striker that everyone needs to have. Kane (I have him for the Christmas period because he is basically rotation proof) is the guy you have at more expensive than he is actually worth this season, in the hope that he can bang in a few, because with the amount of cheap options available, those extra couple of million don’t feel so needed.

I wouldn’t slaughter you for bringing in Kane in a vacuum, in spite of his deeper role/lessened threat to the glory days. But to do it for the unrivalled highest point scorer in the game is just all kinds of crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,124 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Currently on 2 FTs, so I'm gonna work around some long term plan of switching TAA -> Sterling and eventually Salah. This would involve just using 1 FT this week of TAA -> a low defender.

Currently have TAA & Mane, so this will reduce my lack of Liverpool players, while still holding Mane.

GW19, I will still have 2 FTs so I will get Sterling in, and I'm thinking Rashford out, or maybe even Vardy who I don't have too much value tied up in. Which midfielder comes out will depend on which striker comes out. But I'm going to move away from 3 strikers I think and have my main value in Mane/Sterling/Maddison/Alli/Son/Cantwell with one of Maddison, Alli, Son to go.

Shedite27 wrote: »

I like to try and get on board before they hit form as I have doubts that players (in this price bracket) will continue said form. Will Maupay go on and score another 3 in 3 becoming 6 in 6. I really don't know, it's very rare for these priced strikers.

FitzShane wrote: »
    Currently on 2 FTs, so I'm gonna work around some long term plan of switching TAA -> Sterling and eventually Salah. This would involve just using 1 FT this week of TAA -> a low defender.

Currently have TAA & Mane, so this will reduce my lack of Liverpool players, while still holding Mane.

GW19, I will still have 2 FTs so I will get Sterling in, and I'm thinking Rashford out, or maybe even Vardy who I don't have too much value tied up in. Which midfielder comes out will depend on which striker comes out. But I'm going to move away from 3 strikers I think and have my main value in Mane/Sterling/Maddison/Alli/Son/Cantwell with one of Maddison, Alli, Son to go.

Just on this "long term planning" in general. Is this not possibly the worst time to be considering this? I mean it's the most intense period, there will be injuries coming out of this period and with games coming thick & fast there will be a lot of rotation. I'd be more inclined to be punty and then reassess at the start of January.Like inevitable Liverpool players could still outscore the other players over this festive period - why not use your bench this week and take punts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Guaita or Ryan ??

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭tipperaryman

Need some help lads , any tips b

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Wildcard?

Get rid of Mount and Walker and you're not in too bad a shape

• Advertisement

Didn't realise Cahill had an operation so will use my ft to get rid. Sideways transfer to Kelly makes the most sense.

Didn't realise Cahill had an operation so will use my ft to get rid. Sideways transfer to Kelly makes the most sense.

They are absolutely decimated with injuries now
    I regret getting kelly in this week

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

dahat wrote: »
    As I already have Lundstram & Kelly I'm not keen on double ups for either unless it's unavoidable.

Oatamedi was one but he only looks a temp fix until Stones returns.I've never had this much trouble spending money in fpl.

Aurier looks the best option so here we go!

I got baldock I don't really view it as a sheff utd double up as everyone has Lundstram.

km79 wrote: »
    They are absolutely decimated with injuries now
    I regret getting kelly in this week

I didn't see any of the game last night, did they look solid despite this? Not really sure who to go for instead. I could just bank and play Soyuncu but can't see him getting much unless it's an attacking return. Had my eye on Targett but Mings injury has put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I like to try and get on board before they hit form as I have doubts that players (in this price bracket) will continue said form. Will Maupay go on and score another 3 in 3 becoming 6 in 6. I really don't know, it's very rare for these priced strikers.
    Well that's why they're in that price bracket isn't it? You could take a punt on Aguero if you have the cash to burn

I didn't see any of the game last night, did they look solid despite this? Not really sure who to go for instead. I could just bank and play Soyuncu but can't see him getting much unless it's an attacking return. Had my eye on Targett but Mings injury has put me off.

No they did not
    Guita made 9 saves .........

If I didn’t also have Henderson I’d have prob got another Sheff united defender along with Lundstram
    I still might have but for their back to back nasty fixtures soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Did Bednarek --> Aurier

Tempted by Puilsic --> Ricky/Greaslish for a hit

Ricky has been booked 3 games in a row though. So both of them are on 4 yellows and could go from being nailed on over Christmas to suspended.

Did Bednarek --> Aurier

Tempted by Puilsic --> Ricky/Greaslish for a hit

Ricky has been booked 3 games in a row though. So both of them are on 4 yellows and could go from being nailed on over Christmas to suspended.

Feck can’t really justify a hit with that risk so
    He is liable to get booked for something daft too like taking his top off after scoring ........but of course he would have scored
    Hhmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Ings is similarly priced and scored 8 goals in 10 matches, including games against Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs.

• Advertisement

Feck it, I think I'll chance Targett, would start him for the next 4. Mings absence is a worry but those fixtures and his attacking potential are swaying me.

Advertisement