Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 7th

Options
  • 07-12-2019 1:45am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭

In aintree tomorrow. Travelled over yesterday. Winners appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Politologue wins the Tingle Creek. Simple as. Took 5s earlier in the week.

3lbs better off with Defi. Likes Sandown (and prefers going right handed). Run LTO was only a prep for this. Won't have to make the pace as UDS/Ornua will do that. Defi's jumping is iffy enough at times. My main worry is UDS but hes getting on a bit now.

Come on Cobden bring it home

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Tried to go in 2012 but plans went awry. Not tips but I fancy le bruil 22/1 and gwencely burbas 18/1. Enjoy the trip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

The Mig wrote: »
    In aintree tomorrow. Travelled over yesterday. Winners appreciated

As Dé Me

That is all

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Sceau Royal for me in the Tingle Creek, will appreciate the drying ground and i think the minimum 2m distance will suit him more than others

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Tingle Creek looks belter! UDS my pick of the lot.

Have 3 in my tracker out tomorrow, two of them in there since post Christmas 2018, Glenloe a newer addition.

Tornado Flyer 5/4 - 2.10 Navan

Glenloe 9/2 - 2.45 Navan, say he'll be trying to keep his handicap low for Cheltenham.

Imperial Knight 13/2 - Chepstow 2.30

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

When do you see UDS at 9/2 on soft going. Silly price

The Mig wrote: »
    When do you see UDS at 9/2 on soft going. Silly price

Ready to run the race of his life remember 2018 vrs Altior

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Was GS all week at Sandown with little or no rainfall forecast and now the going is soft? Do wonder just how soft that ground really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Walk In The Mill -1.30. Horses for courses, could be an .e.w. steal.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭MaxBet

Dec 7

1.30 Aintree -
    WALK IN THE MILL 9/1 bet365 , WHill

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Was GS all week at Sandown with little or no rainfall forecast and now the going is soft? Do wonder just how soft that ground really is.

Soft enough I would imagine. You have to remember that soil temperatures are different in the winter to the summer. You actually do not need any rain to soften the ground, an overnight frost will do the trick there.

I watched it yesterday and a lot of the races got strung out, which to me is always an indicator of soft " sticky " ground. A lot of horses were not getting through it. The ground can turn to glue with not enough rain, nothing is drying it out like in the summer.

In saying that Paul Nicolls winner had flopped every run on soft, thus his price of 10/1. Winter soft is always different to summer soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Andrew00 wrote: »

3lbs better off with Defi. Likes Sandown (and prefers going right handed). Run LTO was only a prep for this. Won't have to make the pace as UDS/Ornua will do that. Defi's jumping is iffy enough at times. My main worry is UDS but hes getting on a bit now.

Yeah totally agree with this, couldn't have worded things much differently.

ADO in the Becher. Will like the bit of good in the going. Worth an ew play at 16s.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Captain Cattistock - Chepstow 1.55 & UDS double roughly 14/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Andrew00 wrote: »

Defi looks a faster horse than politologue, politoligue had it all his own way LTO and jumped superb but was readily brushed aside so i dont see him reversing the form even with the 3 pound turnaround, however defis jumping is definitely a concern but if all gos well in that department he should be ahead of politologue.
    Im going for
    1 defi
    2 un de sceaux
    3 politologue

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Jonjo O'Neill Jr is at Chepstow today. I have backed all his rides, blind enough and accums.

Everlastingpromise looks to be in on a nice weight at Navan. Nice jumper , could be anything.

I suspect Sceau Royal is not quite good enough, although trying to beat Altior that last 2 years cannot have been easy. 13/2 is about right for me, win only. I also think that Janika has been slightly ignored as well.

Gavrocheka in the Juvenile Hurdle at Aintree.

Defi looks a faster horse than politologue, politoligue had it all his own way LTO and jumped superb but was readily brushed aside so i dont see him reversing the form even with the 3 pound turnaround, however defis jumping is definitely a concern but if all gos well in that department he should be ahead of politologue.
    Im going for
    1 defi
    2 un de sceaux
    3 politologue

Profiterole a few pounds better going right handed. All his best form proves this. He's the value here.

UDS I'd love to win and had a big bet on him lads year but he's 11 now and ground not as soft as last year either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭kksaints

Just for fun the horses I've done for today.

Ballyoptic each way 1:30 Aintree
    Politologue win 3:00 Sandown
    Hogans Height each way 3:15 Aintree
    Step Back win 3:35 Sandown

Lucy8080 wrote: »

Shout

MaxBet wrote: »
    Dec 7

1.30 Aintree -
    WALK IN THE MILL 9/1 bet365 , WHill

Shout x2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    Jeez, thanks. First bet since Cheltenham I reckon, don't even know if I bet then tbh. As I bet so rarely I had to add a new credit card to my account and then when I was looking at the 13.30 I couldn't see any fooking Walk in the Mill.

Turns out PP automatically takes your place into account so for me it was the 14:30

Hehe, put small bobs on at 9/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Summerhill boy should be fav here . Surly .

Slattsy wrote: »
    ADO in the Becher. Will like the bit of good in the going. Worth an ew play at 16s.

Ran well in 3rd. Few bob back.

One of my favorite races of the year Tingle Creek

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

BumperD wrote: »
    One of my favorite races of the year Tingle Creek

Best. National hunt season ever continues . Love to see mite byte run well around here . Uds will bring the house down if he wins .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Margate

Nicholls should be fined for black Cortons run, never tried at any point regardless of native river being a better horse

Anyone see that race at Navan?

Say nothing! No names!

Carnage in running betting at Wetherby there I’d imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Margate

Defi an absolute hype job, un de sceaux ten times the horse at the same age

• Advertisement

Oops

Advertisement