Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs you can't go into Hungover

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

enricoh wrote: »
    Air traffic controller could be problematic !
    Had a good few mates that were chefs over the years- I never envied them the next morning!

In a hot kitchen you sweat it out of you fairly quickly. All the best chefs I have ever met were pissheads with substance abuse issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Have another drink before work. Everyone's a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,578 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

'You definitely couldn't be X and be hungover'

'You could, I know 5 X's that always work while dying'

And repeat

I’ve done all the jobs I’ve had hungover many of them hungover twice a week regularly. Some have involved driving and/or operating machinery and they all required driving to.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

A chef/cook. If i'm hungover the smell of food usually makes me feel sicker, I couldn't imagine working in a kitchen and having to cook food when my head/stomach are sick.

• Advertisement

A chef/cook. If i'm hungover the smell of food usually makes me feel sicker, I couldn't imagine working in a kitchen and having to cook food when my head/stomach are sick.

I get a fierce hunger when hungover my issue would be not eating constantly if there was food in front of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I’ve done all the jobs I’ve had hungover many of them hungover twice a week regularly. Some have involved driving and/or operating machinery and they all required driving to.

Edgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Any front line healthcare professional, such as a Nurse or Health Care Assistant. You do not want to be dealing with any body fluids if you are struggling to deal with your own.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Any front line healthcare professional, such as a Nurse or Health Care Assistant. You do not want to be dealing with any body fluids if you are struggling to deal with your own.

I couldn’t even deal with it without the hangover but I’ve a friend or two who I’d drink with who would have gone in sick as pigs particularly when it was working as care assistant part-time during college etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Barber, sure what could go wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Being Taoiseach and going for a radio interview while hungover would probably be something you shouldn't do.

Lol. Cowen was still pissed as hell doing the interview. He might have stopped drinking hours before it but he was still feeling the effects.

Have never given Fianna Fail even a preference, but almost considered it because that interview was so much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Airline pilot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

BDI wrote: »
    Civil service and public service can go in any way they seem fit.

Simply, completely and utterly untrue.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

GP’s have the worst addiction stats of all professions

Might not be dink but serious pill poppers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Definitely air traffic controller. I applied a few years ago and got down to interview stage (down to the last few dozen out of over 10,000 applicants).

The interview was on a Monday morning, I went on an almighty session that weekend and completely ****ed it up, probably for the best in the long run

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Taxi driver
    Driver of heavy goods vehicle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

lol

Have you ever been in a restaurant kitchen? Chefs are maniacs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Garda

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Being Taoiseach and going for a radio interview while hungover would probably be something you shouldn't do.

He wasn't hungover , he was still drunk..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I know somebody killed in a workplace accident by somebody operating heavy machinery whilst badly hungover and possibly still drunk. The deceased left behind two teenage children. The operator’s condition was deemed the cause rather than his skill in operating the machinery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

jiltloop wrote: »
    Definitely air traffic controller. I applied a few years ago and got down to interview stage (down to the last few dozen out of over 10,000 applicants).

The interview was on a Monday morning, I went on an almighty session that weekend and completely ****ed it up, probably for the best in the long run

probably the best for all of us in the long run

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭KaneToad

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I imagine if ur a GP or surgeon/nurse you cant go into work hungover. Same as being an actor and a civil servant like a guard or fireman/firewomen. Anymore you think ??

Lots of jobs you could get away with it

Guards and firefighters aren't civil servants.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

Pharmacist

Advertisement