Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking spaces

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

For all we know, the nurse thinks that she was given permission, by a member of the neighbours family who had checked with the property owner.

If she thought that, why would she tell the OP's mother she parked there because she thought the property was unoccupied?

OP, I understand why you would give the ill woman's family a pass on this. If they genuinely had no part in telling this nurse she had permission to use your mother's driveway then fair enough. But I would still try and find out who the nurse's employer was, and make a complaint to them about it.

kceire wrote: »
    If it’s to facilitate the neighbour that’s good of your mother, but the ‘night nurse’ should have knocked in and being polite and mentioned it to your mother. She also should have offered her a contact card and details in case your mother needed the space back.

What would happen if you decided to go to your mothers and spend the night.

Agree. Also, what should you mother have an emergency that requires ambulance or worse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Once a road gets busy enough a certain amount of drivers will park where they know they shouldn't but they think they'll get away with, rather than just parking 2 minutes walk away.

Now that the OP knows his mother's road is at that point he should get gates or a bollard for her front garden because this person parking there won't be the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭billyhead

OP, It looks like this nurse is taking advantage of your Mum. Does she not thin that God forbid an ambulance would have to reverse into your Mums driveway. Its a selfish, arrogant stunt to pull and I would be having words with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Thanks for all your concern. Look, please don’t be concerned, there’s no danger at all, I just wanted to highlight the total lack of consideration and brass neck attitude that some people carry around all day, and to reassure myself that we weren’t making a fuss over nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

That's how these feckers work. They just push their luck and then pretend what they're doing is normal so that the better person backs down for fear of being unreasonable.

Advertisement