Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hulu black Friday $1.99 per month for year

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭SourSessions

This is great! Have it working on my laptop and phone. This and a cheap keepsolid lifetime sub have definitely been the highlight of my Black Friday deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

The Nal wrote: »
    How bad are the ads?

I have self-diagnosed with erectile dysfunction and depression but other than that it’s all good

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

kaerobe wrote: »
    I have self-diagnosed with erectile dysfunction and depression but other than that it’s all good

Possible side effects diarrhea, cramps, organ failure and death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I thought that organ failure was the reason for taking the medication in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I had the 99c per month offer from the last time, I kept the sub going as we use it a good bit here and it's not that much- I originally paid via N26 after Revolut failed so if you have it it's worth checking that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Hi all,

I’m really interested in this offer, thanks to the original poster!

Can I ask, has anyone got the espn bundle?? I only really want it for Espn so just wondering how much content is available through espn in this bundle?

Tried it with Proton VPN and 4 different cards and PayPal and they wont accept payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭w4ntedman

The Nal wrote: »
    Tried it with Proton VPN and 4 different cards and PayPal and they wont accept payment.

What message are you getting?

w4ntedman wrote: »

VPN to US.
    Set up paypal US account using revolut
    Sign into Hulu and choose pay by paypal

w4ntedman wrote: »

"We could not complete your request right now. Please try again later.
    Still have questions? Get help."

PayPal USA asking me for a US number to text a code to so cant do it that way.

"Sorry, Hulu only accepts payments from PayPal accounts registered in the United States."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Xaniaj

Trying to set up a US PayPal account but first requirement is mobile number which I made up but there is a non skippable requirement for a text code then. Anyone have a similar issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

I'm not understanding how you guys got this to work. I understand you need a USA Paypal account. But you need a USA phone number to verify your account.

On another note, signed up for Peacock TV last week, 23 euro for the year. Took Revolut card no problem. Just put/buy some USD onto your card. Just inserted a USA postcode. Even paid 2 USD tax. Watching Liverpool Brighton on it right now.

Are you guys connected to an American server when you try to create the PayPal account? It let me put in a fake number without asking for a code.

Are you guys connected to an American server when you try to create the PayPal account? It let me put in a fake number without asking for a code.

Yup, that's with US VPN on, very odd

Xaniaj wrote:
    Yup, that's with US VPN on, very odd

Are you trying to create it separately to the hulu payment page? I created the account in the pop up that comes up when you go to pay

Are you trying to create it separately to the hulu payment page? I created the account in the pop up that comes up when you go to pay

Will give that a go, thanks!

iba wrote: »
    I'm not understanding how you guys got this to work. I understand you need a USA Paypal account. But you need a USA phone number to verify your account.

On another note, signed up for Peacock TV last week, 23 euro for the year. Took Revolut card no problem. Just put/buy some USD onto your card. Just inserted a USA postcode. Even paid 2 USD tax. Watching Liverpool Brighton on it right now.

Pity I missed that deal. Would like to go adless on peacock but much more tolerable ads than Hulu

Cheers yep that works.

But now Im getting "It looks like you're using an anonymous proxy or vpn".

Guess I need a better VPN, using the free version of ProtonVPN at the moment. What are people using?

The Nal wrote:
    Guess I need a better VPN, using the free version of ProtonVPN at the moment. What are people using?

Try using one with a dedicated hulu server. I use keep solid.

Try using one with a dedicated hulu server. I use keep solid.

Upgraded to Proton Pro. Handy for the Beeb iplayer aswell.

Watching the Brady Bunch on Hulu. Good advice ya'll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

It's amazing the lengths companies will go to, so that you do not give them money, unreal.

PayPal have restricted my account that I setup for the US setup.

If this crap keeps up I can see growth again in pirate downloads.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭jamesieliz

Hi ,
    I have followed the directions here and set up Hulu/PayPal account using VPN.
    I then installed Hulu app on firestick via downloader, again using vpn, but I notice that my firestick remote doesn’t have full functionality on the Hulu app - do I need to download another app to make the remote work better with the app?

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    It's amazing the lengths companies will go to, so that you do not give them money, unreal.

PayPal have restricted my account that I setup for the US setup.

If this crap keeps up I can see growth again in pirate downloads.

TBF most of these companies only have rights to a certain region, so they have to attempt to enforce it.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Basil3 wrote: »
    TBF most of these companies only have rights to a certain region, so they have to attempt to enforce it.

Don't disagree with that, my problem is when you start geo locking payments, people follow the path of least resistance to dodge boxes, dodge downloads etc.

I just think media companies seem to love trying to control markets down to an art, yet when you've the balance of people want to pay, vs making it impossible to do so, your going to have piracy (v2)

jamesieliz wrote: »
    Hi ,
    I have followed the directions here and set up Hulu/PayPal account using VPN.
    I then installed Hulu app on firestick via downloader, again using vpn, but I notice that my firestick remote doesn’t have full functionality on the Hulu app - do I need to download another app to make the remote work better with the app?

The older Hulu app was pretty clunky on android.
    The newer one (a few months) fixed all that.
    I'm using Shield but might be similar for fire stick

Might be worth deleting the Hulu app and try a different source

99c a month this year. Took me most of the day to figure out that I couldonly activate the card on the paypal desktop site rather than on the app (in case anyone is stuck on that step as I was).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭ThePott

I'm having trouble with the paypal desktop site.

Have an Irish bank card linked which is what I used last time but even after setting up a new account it says I'm not eligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

Cheers. I managed to sign up. $1/month is a no brainer.

The number of ads doesn't seem to be too intrusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭surfin_shoes

That's just like me with music streaming services, Spotify, Tidal, Deezer & YouTube Music :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

Netflix €4, YouTube €2.30, Prime €0.90, HBO Max €2.30, Disney+ €2.50, HULU €0.90, EPIX €0.90,

Discover+ India €0.25, S Sports + €1.50

My paid stuff just about reaches €15/month. Far less than I ever paid with any TV provider.

Free stuff : Hoopla, Roku Channel, Crackle, Peacock, Pluto TV and UK apps

Basically almost no matter what I want to watch I can find it somewhere using the just watch app

Advertisement