Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Luas fare when connecting between lines

  • 28-11-2019 8:17am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭ jon1981


    Hey,

    So I'm going from Connolly to harcourt st. Is there genuinely no single fare fee for this? I have to tag twice which ends up as a 4 euro farw each way. Kinda nuts for what is relatively a short distance!

    J


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭ Jamie2k9


    jon1981 wrote: »
    Hey,

    So I'm going from Connolly to harcourt st. Is there genuinely no single fare fee for this? I have to tag twice which ends up as a 4 euro farw each way. Kinda nuts for what is relatively a short distance!

    J

    Tag on in Connolly and off at Harcourt. Leap is 1.54 each way.

    They only said for people to tag on/off between lines in case they forget and get full fare charged.


  • Registered Users Posts: 24,643 ✭✭✭✭ coylemj


    Before anyone asks (I was about to) .... you don't get the Leap 90 discount (€1 discount on the 2nd and subsequent journeys within 90 minutes) for Luas-Luas trips.

    Leap 90 Discount does not apply to Luas – Luas or DART/ Commuter Rail – DART/ Commuter Rail as these trips already have specific discounted fares.


    https://about.leapcard.ie/leap-90


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭ jon1981


    Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Tag on in Connolly and off at Harcourt. Leap is 1.54 each way.

    They only said for people to tag on/off between lines in case they forget and get full fare charged.

    Thanks but it aint f**king obvious on the NTA website.


  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭ Tomrota


    So can you tap on a DART or commuter and tap it off that after a Luas? Or do you tap off the DART/commuter and then tap on a Luas and then tap off again? That’s what I’ve always done.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭ cdaly_


    Tomrota wrote: »
    So can you tap on a DART or commuter and tap it off that after a Luas? Or do you tap off the DART/commuter and then tap on a Luas and then tap off again? That’s what I’ve always done.

    You have to touch off when changing modes (except leaving a bus). Touch on at Dart charges you 4.90 and refunds you when you touch off. If you don't touch off there's no refund.

    If you're going to/from Dart to commuter you don't touch off between. Similarly if going Luas to Luas you don't touch off between either.


  • Advertisement
Advertisement