Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

What to get Montessori teacher

• 22-11-2019 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭ sallyanne12

My child is in Montessori for 3 hours a day. His teacher is a 25 year old woman and she's lovely. Any suggestions for xmas present? What amount would you spend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭ Princess Calla

When I had mine in crèche full time he was looked after by two minders, I think I sent in 2 50 euro boots vouchers.

We moved and changed crèche well preschool now, like you only in for 3 hours a day. Last year management sent home a letter requesting no presents or to make a donation to a designated charity.

I wouldn't be going overboard though for 3 hours a day! A one for all voucher for 20 euro I feel is plenty generous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Brandon Wailing Tableware

With a flock of teachers in the family, I can tell you they don't want gifts from parents or children at Christmas. A card with a sincere note is more than enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭ CheerLouth

We always just get our creche a tin of sweets. Not very imaginative but I figure they can divy out the 50 tins of sweets that no doubt they get every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 Postgrad10

A little newbridge tree ornament always goes down well. Not too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭ Princess Calla

Postgrad10 wrote: »

That's a really lovely idea :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 Postgrad10

That's a really lovely idea :)

You can get them personalised if you buy direct from Newbridge. It’s something the teacher can have forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭ CheerLouth

Postgrad10 wrote: »

Never thought of this before. I've ordered a lovely snowflake with a picture of the nativity in it for our little girls teacher. It's her first year in big school so the first time we've had to buy just one teacher a present as multiple people mind them in the creche. Delighted to mark that off the list now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭ SusieBlue

I have a friend who is a montessori teacher, gifts aren't expected but I know her preference is for Starbucks/Costa vouchers (no more than €10 max in value) as she gets good use out of them!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 26,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Posy

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Never thought of this before. I've ordered a lovely snowflake with a picture of the nativity in it for our little girls teacher. It's her first year in big school so the first time we've had to buy just one teacher a present as multiple people mind them in the creche. Delighted to mark that off the list now :D
    I love when this forum gives a light-bulb moment for a present!

Advertisement