Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what's it like in Sixmilebridge as of 2019?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Lots of areas have difficulty and the council are building houses for people because people have to live somewhere, for example, in Ennis up by the National School there's planning for houses to be built there that will be overlooking a lovely estate and making getting into the school a nightmare but the council are the gatekeepers for all these developments so we have to "trust" them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Thatsthejob

Totally agree Opionated3. All areas have a few rougher parts where I am from is no different and there is no harm in that unless you want to look at things like a total snob. As you said my issue is buying a house for probably in around 250k and have to deal with Feuding families or serious anti social behaviour.

This in turn more than likely drive down the value of your house possibly leaving you in a bad position in years to come.

Clareman your advice about calling to a place at different times is exactly what I am going to do. We are easy going enough as long as place has access to the motorway a decent community feel, good Gaa club, couple of pubs and a golf club not a million miles away id be happy. Im sure my wife has her own ideas aswell :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

In fairness the Bridge ticks an awful lot of those boxes for you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

I'll refer you to the incident this morning outside one of the pubs. A minority is destroying the reputation of the village, and all in the middle of a music festival too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I'll refer you to the incident this morning outside one of the pubs. A minority is destroying the reputation of the village, and all in the middle of a music festival too

This
    https://www.rte.ie/news/munster/2020/0118/1108258-clare-shooting/

Lawless minorities seem to do that almost everywhere.

• Advertisement

This is an ongoing criminal issue which is being investigated so can't be discussed in the Clare, sorry.

If you wish to discuss the recent shooting in another forum feel free but note that other charters will be in effect, lets get back to discussing Sixmilebridge rather than just the recent incident which occured there.

Advertisement