Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rás is back sort of...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Junior

Bambaata wrote: »
    That'll be me out then :(

Your DS says harden the f*ck up .. I'm already trying to convince The Ranga to come over to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

• Registered Users Posts: 29 837897

Anyone hear what the route is yet ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

837897 wrote: »
    Anyone hear what the route is yet ?

Won't be released for awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

Out of curiousity, and I know it's a bit of a guess because of the new format, but what sort of standard would you need to be to get around the Ras? Point scoring A2, solid pack finishing A2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Point scoring A2 would be more than able. Pack finishing possibly, depending on how good at pack riding. If you are good at it then you'll get relatively well swept along (to a certain point), you need to be able to survive the parts when it goes mental! That could be the first 30-50km or it could be later in the stage. The hilly stages are relatively dependent on when the hills are! That said who knows now without the quantity of international teams, id imagine it'll be scaled back a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭slow

If it's not a UCI race, the race organizers have the power to set the time limits. This should be advantageous for the less strong riders. So. a sensible approach could be taken which accommodates guys close to the limit without closing down a town finish for unnecessary time.

2 stages on the last day, a crit or a time trial. I am partially hoping for a Hill Climb TT :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

was it said when? usual date or later?

• Advertisement

CramCycle wrote: »
    2 stages on the last day, a crit or a time trial. I am partially hoping for a Hill Climb TT :eek:

Perhaps a typo?.

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    was it said when? usual date or later?

From what I'm hearing it'll be mid June

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Excellent. Will be good to get a good training block in for my main target of the year. The Stephen Roche GP.

Perhaps a typo?.

I heard one of those involved, on twitter, make reference to 6 stages and thought that was a typo, not so sure now. They could just have to tie up more specifically as either the type of race would mean you cannot announce distance (Crit), or TT (make it really obvious what it was).

it will depend where it finishes I suppose but either way, 15 counties (one is Kerry), 6 stages, they certainly don't look like they are going to make it easier.

June seems to be the signalled date anyways. First stage I believe is to start in Tipp, couple of stages in Kerry, and a finish into Dublin. I don't know details of routes or anymore than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

they certainly don't look like they are going to make it easier.

Some of the organiser are the people who brought us the Leinster Autumn Classic, where even the downhills are uphill!! :)

Should be a great event.

I see the provisional race dates are up on the CI calendar, but there is no Ras dates yet. Your killing me here, I want specifics.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭royrogers

I see the provisional race dates are up on the CI calendar, but there is no Ras dates yet. Your killing me here, I want specifics.

Its down to start the 10th of June on the calendar!

royrogers wrote: »
    Its down to start the 10th of June on the calendar!

I am blind

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭royrogers

Anything on the Ras come out over the festive period???

• Advertisement

Reliable 'rumours' of a team from abroad coming over, one I am very excited to see.

Anyone else trying to guesstimate routes based on Ger Campbell's tweets with distance and the odd photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JimmiesRustled

Reliable 'rumours' of a team from abroad coming over, one I am very excited to see.

Anyone else trying to guesstimate routes based on Ger Campbell's tweets with distance and the odd photo?

Who have you heard is coming over?

I started but gave up soon after.

Hi would anyone have an estimate of what the cost is per rider to put a team in the Ras for 5 days.

837897 wrote: »
    Hi would anyone have an estimate of what the cost is per rider to put a team in the Ras for 5 days.

Depends on the team, what accommodation etc, it should be cheaper due to reduced length but because of time of year so I don't think there will be much difference. I think all in, with nobody adding in extras (ie providing cars etc), your looking at between 1500 and 2000€ per rider.

You'll need a van, large car/estate/SUV, fuel, insurance, manager costs, soigneur costs, accomodation, food, drink and much more.

I could be way off but this is what rings a bell from people in my club talking.

Thanks Cramcycle 👠any idea what guest riders on teams pay? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Out of interest could it not be cheapskated with one following car (a friend for example) per team and then sharing at 50 eur pps? Takeaways and protein shakes for refueling

Out of interest could it not be cheapskated with one following car (a friend for example) per team and then sharing at 50 eur pps? Takeaways and protein shakes for refueling

5 riders is 5 bikes, plus spare bikes (pick the two that will cover the most riders size wise), plus spare wheels, food, kit and everything else. Car also has to take riders between stage finishes and accommodation, we don't know if there is much travel between stages or not, so no matter what way you do it, you need a decent sized follow car and a decent sized van as a minimum IMO. Someone to go ahead to feed zones, you can have this being the van but they probably cannot park right beside the feed zone so you have a driver and someone to hand over. Logistics are a big thing on any stage race that doesn't start and finish in the same locale.

Cost for a guest rider, depends if he was an invite or asked I suppose but my opinion would be to have a guest rider put in as much as any other rider.

Cheers again, Might need to invite rider to fill team, so will have to keep in mind your advice, thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I can't imagine a worse fuelling strategy for a stage race! Anytime I've done one a decent bed and food are essential. It's just torture otherwise!

• Advertisement

No.

Advertisement