Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital mapping officer at the PRA

Options
  • 20-11-2019 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been offered a role as a digital mapping officer in the Property Registration Authority. I'm currently working in the private sector as a surveyor and I find myself in a dilemma now between two offers. One for the above civil service role and one in Intel.

Starting salaries would be higher at the private sector job include bonus,pension. Possibility of a more exciting role but this is disputed.

Civil service job would be set hours, pension, flexible time, and the chance to move out of Dublin to Waterford where I can commute from my home in Kilkenny and avoid the Dublin renting. Of course the pay scale too.

Both jobs required my educational background / experience to get into so they both are of interest to me.

Does anyone have any experience in working or knowledge of the PRA? And has anyone advice on choosing between the two sectors.

Kind regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

I was offered this role in Waterford also, however I'm based in Dublin and so I rejected it. I'm quite low on the Dublin OOM so I'm hopeful of getting offered a role there soon.

Weigh up the pros and cons of both and make a decision. It's not really a decision someone else can make for you. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dazzler101

Hey lads. Did you take the job with the PRA? How do you find it?

I have a interview myself coming up.

Advertisement