Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Black Friday Sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

So I went to switch my wife to VF from that gomo (terrible service) I put in her number to switch and as there is no option for gomo in drop down list I chose Meteor.

I ordered the phone yesterday and it arrived today,I then got a text about an hour after telling me that meteor rejected my number so got 100 of the phone and ended up not having to transfer any number.

Might help people already on VF, just use your own number and select the wrong network

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Not sure if this is allowed, but will this work?

Order a free sim card from another provider
    Get the new number
    Order a phone from VF and say i'm transferring from another provider
    Use the phone number from the free sim card (my phone is unlocked so can retrieve the code they send)
    When that's complete, put original VF sim card into the new phone
    I know it's a lot of effort to save €50 in the price difference, but would that work ok?

Yes ,it will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Zardoz wrote: »
    Yes ,it will work.

Thank you x

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Ordered a P30 Lite Wednesday, collected in store today (after receiving text that it was ready to collect). As I suspected, it doesn't appear to be dual SIM. Only one IMEI printed on package.

Haven't set it up yet but I must say it does look quite impressive anyway! (Went for blue.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Quackster wrote: »
    Ordered a P30 Lite Wednesday, collected in store today (after receiving text that it was ready to collect). As I suspected, it doesn't appear to be dual SIM. Only one IMEI printed on package.

Haven't set it up yet but I must say it does look quite impressive anyway! (Went for blue.)
    I'v a dual Sim phone and only one IMEI on the box.
    I read somewhere that if you unlock with the IMEI then both are unlocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Hi all, has anyone any success in unlocking the Huawei P30 Lite from Vodafone ? I've seen the listings on eBay etc but was unsure if they actually "worked". Would appreciate any suggestions or a point in the right direction.

I searched and cheapest on ebay seemed to be from seller om108-mobile, was 23euro and he has nearly 6k feedback

Said could take 10 days, he came back to me within 5 with code, worked a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

scudzilla wrote: »
    I searched and cheapest on ebay seemed to be from seller om108-mobile, was 23euro and he has nearly 6k feedback

Said could take 10 days, he came back to me within 5 with code, worked a treat

+1 for om108-mobileom

Got first within 6 hours. For the second I had to ring him (yes, his phone number is on ebay) after 36 hours!!!. He didn't apologise but I got it within five minutes then. He charges different amounts for different phones. Cost me €11.99.

Both worked perfectly.

His feedback is indeed almost 6k and all 100% positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Any unlock code recommendations for the Samsung a20e and a40?
    Buying both of them, replacement and a spare.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Jeff2 wrote: »

That's an extra bonus so!

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Any unlock code recommendations for the Samsung a20e and a40?
    Buying both of them, replacement and a spare.

Yep, read post #128 immediately before yours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Jeff2 wrote: »

Type *#06# on your phone. You'll get 2 IMEIs. Send both IMEIs for unlock codes mentioning it's a dual-sim phone.

Yep, read post #128 immediately before yours.

Thought that was for a recommendation for P30 but I'll have a look anyway.
    Thanks.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

omega42 wrote: »
    So I went to switch my wife to VF from that gomo (terrible service) I put in her number to switch and as there is no option for gomo in drop down list I chose Meteor.

I ordered the phone yesterday and it arrived today,I then got a text about an hour after telling me that meteor rejected my number so got 100 of the phone and ended up not having to transfer any number.

Might help people already on VF, just use your own number and select the wrong network

Did you have to verify your number?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,394 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I got mine unlocked on ebay for 12 euro I think, a20e.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

Does any have the vodafone customer care email address? Cant find it on their site or google.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

rks wrote: »
    Does any have the vodafone customer care email address? Cant find it on their site or google.

Contact them in facebook, or twitter.

mac.in wrote: »
    Contact them in facebook, or twitter.

Unfortunately that wont work for me. I have been charged for a cancelled order. Unable to get anywhere with the vodafone support.

Credit card dept wants a proof that I have contacted vodafone over the mail before they do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Akkenn

Ordered the Pixel 3A today and it says my order has been cancelled, will I get my money back or do I have to contact them. worst experience Ive had ordering something online

Akkenn wrote: »
    Ordered the Pixel 3A today and it says my order has been cancelled, will I get my money back or do I have to contact them. worst experience Ive had ordering something online

Welcome to the club. Trying to contact vodafone, going no where.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,394 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Welcome to the club. Trying to contact vodafone, going no where.
    Vodafone are now the worst. I have an issue with a phone that repairs can't fix and I can't get anyone to talk to. Even comreg can't get them to talk to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

Anyone hardly ordered two p30 lites if so ,il buy of you , it's out of stock now :(

Ordered a Samsung today and 8 hours later just got cancelled :mad:

Vodafone if you don't have the stock put a "no stock sticker" on them or remove them from the website.
    It's not rocket science!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Has anyone that had an order cancelled gotten a refund yet?

Has anyone that had an order cancelled gotten a refund yet?

Got one cancelled last Sunday, still waiting for the refund.

Got one cancelled last Sunday, still waiting for the refund.

I'm in exactly the same position. Waiting a week for the refund at this stage. The only way I found to contact Vodafone is through Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Samson1

I'm in exactly the same position. Waiting a week for the refund at this stage. The only way I found to contact Vodafone is through Facebook.

..... or Chat. That's the only way I could contact them - and to be fair it worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Affluenza

Two orders cancelled last week, no sign of they money. Chat said it'll take 2-3 working days and I was promised my second order would be fulfilled :/ won't be recommending anyone to Vodafone anyone soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Refund delays are usually just the business delaying processing the refund
    It's the same with most of them
    Do a card charge back
    You'll have the money back in 48hrs

Waiting for weeks for a company to do it is so 1998
    Complaining about it is a waste of time

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Affluenza

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Refund delays are usually just the business delaying processing the refund
    It's the same with most of them
    Do a card charge back
    You'll have the money back in 48hrs

Waiting for weeks for a company to do it is so 1998
    Complaining about it is a waste of time

4 working days waiting for one refund and three for the other one... And I just checked my bank and one of the payments have gone from pending to cleared.

With a claim back, wouldn't I have to bring proof with me to show the orders were cancelled? Not looking to spend an hour in the bank to get it sorted :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

No
    Just walk into your branch and fill out a form
    I had my money back in 48 hours
    No faffing about at all!

Advertisement