Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Black Friday Sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 OsZa

Update on cancelled/pending orders. After one week my two cancelled orders are now reverted without contacting anybody in the bank or Vodafone.

Ordered Eir sim Tuesday, received today and bought one more A21s.

I know, crazy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

In all this mess they have possibly screwed by broadband login....does not work any more lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hi,

Can someone who has the A21s please confirm for me, if its got the option of WiFi calling (subject to network inclusion).?

... I'm getting conflicting reports, hence looking to confirm with actual phone owners.

Many thanks

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭caper23

OsZa wrote: »
    Update on cancelled/pending orders. After one week my two cancelled orders are now reverted without contacting anybody in the bank or Vodafone.

Ordered Eir sim Tuesday, received today and bought one more A21s.

I know, crazy :p

so when you say reverted.. the 2 you had already ordered are gone through or you got refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭budgemook

Ordered a SIM from Eir online on Tuesday night, arrived this morning. Just bought the A21S on Vodefone site there using the Eir SIM to port to Vodafone - went through first time for 39.99.

Let's see if it gets sent out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Pasteur.

budgemook wrote: »
    Ordered a SIM from Eir online on Tuesday night, arrived this morning. Just bought the A21S on Vodefone site there using the Eir SIM to port to Vodafone - went through first time for 39.99.

Let's see if it gets sent out.

Did you complete the online registration after or does it matter?

Taking them an hour to email security codes

Pasteur. wrote: »
    Did you complete the online registration after or does it matter?

I did yeah but I haven't received any security code.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Pasteur. wrote: »

If you think that's long, wait and see how it takes them to confirm by email and then deliver it, if it goes well. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Harry0233

If you are happy to spend a few more quids, the Nokia 3.4 is a much better deal IMO. It's guaranteed to get at least 2 years of software updates, which is rare for an Android at this price point.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Anyone get the iPhone SE 2020 for €349? Is it locked ? If so , how long before Vodafone will unlock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

bmm wrote: »
    Anyone get the iPhone SE 2020 for €349? Is it locked ? If so , how long before Vodafone will unlock?

Yes, it is. Minimum €120 of topups on VF over a year and another month of waiting to have it unlocked. You don't get a code, VF unlock it remotely.

Reading the horror stories of VF CS here I wouldn't bank on that to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

garrettod wrote: »
    Hi,

Can someone who has the A21s please confirm for me, if its got the option of WiFi calling (subject to network inclusion).?

... I'm getting conflicting reports, hence looking to confirm with actual phone owners.

Many thanks

It has.

Starting to see the bugs now! Order confirmation email says I paid 122.63 (I didn't) and the security code they sent me is invalid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

ordered an Eir Sim over a week ago but no sign yet.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Vodafone seems to have blocked the ability to port from 48 online now. Probably the same for Lyca & Tesco Mobile.Try to use a 48 number for the verification code and you get:

We're sorry, you will not be able to complete your order online. Please call (01) 539 3078 to make an appointment to call into your local store to complete your purchase.

If you use an Eir or Three number, it works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Pixel 4a now 100 off also - 399 to 299 in you port.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

how can I track order? do they give tracing no.
    there is tracking id no. but not possible to track.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

This is hilarious, I'm still getting security codes emailed to me, just arriving now, after requesting them like a week ago.

Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭yellowbear

The Mulk wrote: »
    You'll get your security token at about 11 pm tonight!!
    Finally got an order to go through.
    Their chat told me to use the phone number to register the account to see the tracking.
    This worked for me got a text straight away, just in case anyone else is trying to check an order.
    Order is at submitted.
    Does anyone know when the cancellations happen or should I be ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Pasteur.

ordered an Eir Sim over a week ago but no sign yet.

They don't always arrive

Same with 48

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

dan786 wrote: »
    Pixel 4a now 100 off also - 399 to 299 in you port.

The 5 with 50off, not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

yellowbear wrote: »
    Finally got an order to go through.
    Their chat told me to use the phone number to register the account to see the tracking.
    This worked for me got a text straight away, just in case anyone else is trying to check an order.
    Order is at submitted.
    Does anyone know when the cancellations happen or should I be ok?

You'll know tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Got my first order refunded today so circa 2 weeks. Had to constantly annoy and berate the live chat... Total shambles. Thinking... publicity stunt? Anything to put them in the spotlight....

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭pcadvice

ordered a sim from eir, just put it into an unlocked phone just as i read to do on here (no top up). went to carphone warehouse, got the text with the code which i read back to them and in the end the port was rejected. any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

ordered a sim from eir, just put it into an unlocked phone just as i read to do on here (no top up). went to carphone warehouse, got the text with the code which i read back to them and in the end the port was rejected. any ideas?

Eir probably blocked it...possibly needs a top up so maybe try a 5e online top up and that might allow it through...that's just speculation though...someone earlier mentioned they had to top up by 10e but they hadn't tried it with just 5e as they were in an Eir store whose staff are probably under instruction to push the 10e top up sales.

i called into the local eir, no problem their end. called into the vodafone and she went on about people having to spend so much before it could be ported and time used before porting which i knew was bs. she also said it is probably flagged now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

i called into the local eir, no problem their end. called into the vodafone and she went on about people having to spend so much before it could be ported and time used before porting which i knew was bs. she also said it is probably flagged now

Don't know if it's technically possible but VF might have visibility on how long the number has been in use and are curtailing the offer in that way...similar to excluding 48/Lyca/Tesco SIMs. Don't know why they're not accepting Tesco numbers as they cost 15e whereas 48 and Lyca are free (or at most 99c for Lyca SIM depending on the shop).

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Was sceptical of going this route due to the negative experiences people have had with VF but I bit the bullet with an old 3 sim I had and ordered a Samsung A20E as a Christmas present for someone. Was going to order the A21 but it was too big for them and they wouldn’t appreciate the extra features and preferred the smaller size.

Ordered on Sunday evening and phone was delivered yesterday morning. Pretty good result! Saved over €60 compared to Harvey Norman.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Don't know if it's technically possible but VF might have visibility on how long the number has been in use and are curtailing the offer in that way...similar to excluding 48/Lyca/Tesco SIMs. Don't know why they're not accepting Tesco numbers as they cost 15e whereas 48 and Lyca are free (or at most 99c for Lyca SIM depending on the shop).

pretty sure people are ordering just after receiving the free sim from eir so time should not be an issue, also seeing conflicting posts re needing to top it up or not first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 OsZa

caper23 wrote: »
    so when you say reverted.. the 2 you had already ordered are gone through or you got refund?
    I got refund.

Advertisement