Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastic Bottle Caps (for recycling)

Options
  • 19-11-2019 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any Irish charities/organisations collecting plastic bottle caps. I remember my mother collecting them for wheelchairs.
    I know caps can be used for many things so it would be nice to donate them instead of hoping they would get recycled properly.

Kind Regards,
    Kt :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

I cannot imagine there is any scheme of that type now- there is no value in a small piece of plastic so how would the charity benefit? There used to be a lot of small local schemes like this, but I think it was backed up by a business or other benefactor agreeing to donate a set amount for every one collected.

As a child I recall collections for the foil wrap inside cigarette boxes being collected for charity. I suspect it was a Chinese Whispers thing and I don't think any of it ever benefitted any charity!

a useful thing to do is to put aside high value clothing items that you no longer want and donate them directly to a charity shop as opposed to putting them in a textile bank- the charity then makes more when they sell the item on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Lush collect them as far as I know. Have a look at Zero Waste Ireland on Facebook if you're on it. There's lots of information in their files.

Advertisement