Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLACK FRIDAY:Google Home Hub/hub max/nest cam's/Routers etc.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just got my Google Nest Hub Max - the one with the screen, not the big speaker guy - and just to say that in terms of sound it is much better that the Google Home

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

slave1 wrote: »
    Just got my Google Nest Hub Max - the one with the screen, not the big speaker guy - and just to say that in terms of sound it is much better that the Google Home

Was ready to pull the trigger then saw the Lenovo 8" screen down to €99 and 10" to €139, trying to decide if the hub is worth the extra.

Dixons UK travel shops have the hub max for £175 (about the same price as John Lewis above).

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭bamayang

Was ready to pull the trigger then saw the Lenovo 8" screen down to €99 and 10" to €139, trying to decide if the hub is worth the extra.

Dixons UK travel shops have the hub max for £175 (about the same price as John Lewis above).

Where did you see the Lenovo at that price?

bamayang wrote: »

Sorry should have sent Komplett but just looked and it must have been a cyber Monday deal.as they've gone back up. Am going to get a hub max on Saturday in the UK when I'm over for the Leinster game on Saturday (£175 in Dixons Travel).

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Mythago

Lenovo UK are selling a duo pack of Smart display 8's for £149 or one for £159!

https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/gbweb/smart-display

Blackfriday deal running out shortly, won't deliver to Ireland so use Parcelmotel or alternates

• Advertisement

Mythago wrote: »
    Lenovo UK are selling a duo pack of Smart display 8's for £149 or one for £159!

https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/gbweb/smart-display

Blackfriday deal running out shortly, won't deliver to Ireland so use Parcelmotel or alternates

Stupid question, but what does duo pack mean? It reads like its 2 for 1, but obviously that doesnt make any sense!

It's a twin pack, in the basket it shows 2 units

It's a twin pack, in the basket it shows 2 units

Just bought it. Makes no sense to me how 2 units are cheaper than buying 1??

I thought so too, just hope their not rubbish :)

I thought so too, just hope their not rubbish :)

Did you lads buy on the UK website with a UK adress? Can't seem to find them on the IE website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Did you lads buy on the UK website with a UK adress? Can't seem to find them on the IE website?

Yes, you have to use the UK site and Parcel Motel/AddressPal/Parcel Wizard...

A mistake, obviously, as it's showing as £359 now....dearer than buying two single units!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

blastman wrote: »
    A mistake, obviously, as it's showing as £359 now....dearer than buying two single units!

Just went on to buy these and it looks like the offer is expired :mad::mad:

Im sure an "order cancelled" mail is on its way to me so...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Im sure an "order cancelled" mail is on its way to me so...

Anyone else have an order cancelled email?? Raging!
    I just got it in this evening.
    I email back and get a personalised vague response:
    Thanks for contacting us .Currently we are experiencing high call volume. We will get back to you soon .
    Please refer to our Terms of Sale page for more details.

Just got a shipping confirmed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭McSween

Ordered from John Lewis. Got it in Parcel Motel today. Thanks sheepshagger. Google fannied about with it for the same length of time and cancelled my order

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Ordered the Nest doorbell for a friend. Hot it sent to Parcel Motel and its showing on Royal Mail as being delivered and signed for on December 2nd but nothing showing in my Parcel Motel account.

Anyone have anything similar happening or delayed like this? I'll give them a call in the morning out just thought I'd check here to see if there was anything similar experienced by you

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Just had an order from Google UK cancelled. I ordered the home hub. No reason given.

Annoying as I ordered another one off them last week and it was delivered no problem.

Order cancelled here too (Parcel Motel), and of course it's back to full price so can't re-order it at the offer price from somewhere that will actually deliver it.

What a bunch of cnuts...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Boo_hoo

I had an order cancelled from Argos for the Hub max too. It was to be sent to parcel motel.

Can anyone remember if post Christmas sales match the black Friday ones for hubs etc.

The reason I ask is I ordered a hub max for collection from Dixons East Midlands airport tomorrow, only thing is they have said they are closing early as its winter (?) and I wont get back to tbe airport in time to collect (have not paid). Tried Dublin airport and they'll sell me one at €235 but that's higher than the irish black friday price (I reserved at £175).

All UK retailers who have in stock.(some don't) are back at £219

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Moreilly

cloneslad wrote: »
    Ordered the Nest doorbell for a friend. Hot it sent to Parcel Motel and its showing on Royal Mail as being delivered and signed for on December 2nd but nothing showing in my Parcel Motel account.

Anyone have anything similar happening or delayed like this? I'll give them a call in the morning out just thought I'd check here to see if there was anything similar experienced by you
    my hub max was signed for and delivered to the dublin depot of parcel motel last Tuesday, still hasent arrived. contacted them already but still waiting...,bit of a disaster at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

What annoys me is I had one delivered last week via parcel motel. So I didn't think twice about using PM again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Mine shows as delivered at Parcel Motel on Thursday but no text or email yet. Looks like they are a bit behind with Christmas etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I use parcel wizard these days. More room on a van .
    Didn't order anything here.

Bit the bullet at Dublin airport this morning, €229 for the max hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Moreilly wrote: »
    my hub max was signed for and delivered to the dublin depot of parcel motel last Tuesday, still hasent arrived. contacted them already but still waiting...,bit of a disaster at the moment...

I contacted Royal Mail because it looked like it was only signed into their delivery office and not parcel motel, according to the tracker, spent 35 minutes on the phone with no human answering, contacted Google, they were less than useless and followed up with an email telling me to call royal mail.

I then phoned parcel motel, they sorted everything in 2 mins and it was sitting at my collection point aboutn8 hours later.

The issue was actually on my end. The name on the package was for the person I ordered it for but the PMID was mine so they didn't k is now what to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Boo_hoo

Bit the bullet at Dublin airport this morning, €229 for the max hub.

Is it still €229 in the airport now? I really wanted a Hub Max to pair with my nest hello doorbell but I think £219 is too much.

:( Maybe its possible to use an old Android tablet as a replacement..

• Advertisement

Boo_hoo wrote: »
    Is it still €229 in the airport now? I really wanted a Hub Max to pair with my nest hello doorbell but I think £219 is too much.

:( Maybe its possible to use an old Android tablet as a replacement..

Yep paid €229 at dublin airport T1 yesterday. Cheaper than £219 which is the UK high street price at the moment (not as cheap as the £175 black friday UK duty free price i reserved but could not collect).

Advertisement