Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail and 80's style timetable updates

Options
  • 18-11-2019 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭

Last week, it was announced that the 06.30 Galway - Dublin train will now leave 5 minutes earlier and stops in Kildare rather than going non-stop after Tullamore.

Nothing on their site, even the news section. Timetable for it is still the old one

https://www.irishrail.ie/IrishRail/media/Timetable-PDF-s/Heuston-timetables/06_dublin-galway.pdf

So if your not a regular on the train, you'll have missed this news and probably a train or 2.

You expect this crap in the 80s, but surely a small announcement on their site would work wonders. Whats the most b0ll0cks about it is that they dont mention the departure times for each station on the route either.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

Last week, it was announced that the 06.30 Galway - Dublin train will now leave 5 minutes earlier and stops in Kildare rather than going non-stop after Tullamore.

Nothing on their site, even the news section. Timetable for it is still the old one

https://www.irishrail.ie/IrishRail/media/Timetable-PDF-s/Heuston-timetables/06_dublin-galway.pdf

So if your not a regular on the train, you'll have missed this news and probably a train or 2.

You expect this crap in the 80s, but surely a small announcement on their site would work wonders. Whats the most b0ll0cks about it is that they dont mention the departure times for each station on the route either.

Ah Irish Rail. The only rail operator I ever encountered who sold printed timetable booklets that the ticket office staff actively discouraged the purchase of.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Ah Irish Rail. The only rail operator I ever encountered who sold printed timetable booklets that the ticket office staff actively discouraged the purchase of.

According to some on here printed timetables are no longer needed since everybody is online. :rolleyes:

The idea that they could be sold at a profit and advertise the company's services is beyond IE who still print the public all lines timetable for their staff anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

On the front page of website https://www.irishrail.ie/news/Galway-Station-Timetable-Change

Plus PA's onboard the train in question last week

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭terrarev

Got caught with this this morning, I usually take this train on Monday's but haven't been on board the last few weeks. Watched the train pulling in this morning as I was parking

Advertisement