Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 steviebb

They really need to start giving people notice asap for the july intake, im not really in a position that i can just leave the job im in at the drop of a hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sparky92

steviebb wrote: »
    They really need to start giving people notice asap for the july intake, im not really in a position that i can just leave the job im in at the drop of a hat.
    Yeah, hopefully by Friday we hear something ����

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tamkuj

Did anybody meet the commissioner?
    After passing the PCT and medical, isn't the commissioner the next stage before getting any offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

tamkuj wrote: »
    After passing the PCT and medical, isn't the commissioner the next stage before getting any offers?

No…no one meets the commissioner 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Marty1476

You would usually have a meeting with your local sergeant and another meeting with an inspector or superintendent but I believe they’re not enforcing that right now because of covid, but no one meets the commissioner. Try asking Hr or ring your local station directly (ask to be put through to the supers office), sometimes they need a little reminder that we’re still waiting for answers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 KaylaC

If I don't get called for a medical this week do ye reckon it'll be September before I get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭cmc35

KaylaC wrote: »
    If I don't get called for a medical this week do ye reckon it'll be September before I get in?

More than likely yes

Theres no guarantee that any of us who done medical last week will get in for July, outstanding vetting, medical repeats, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Marty1476

For those who did their medical recently has anyone actually recieved an official ‘pass’ on the medical from Hr? Not just a nod from the doctor

Marty1476 wrote: »
    For those who did their medical recently has anyone actually recieved an official ‘pass’ on the medical from Hr? Not just a nod from the doctor
    Nothing yet here… I’d say the next correspondence will either be an offer or a refusal based on vetting / medical grounds.

You’d be afraid to commit to anything incase you get it !

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Grassy_Knoll37

steviebb wrote: »

I agree 100%. I have everything done now however I will have to defer to September if I get an offer for July. I will have to give my current job at least 4 weeks notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Doyler8642

Had medical yesterday and BP was high as I expected so duuno what that means now

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Goddard

I agree 100%. I have everything done now however I will have to defer to September if I get an offer for July. I will have to give my current job at least 4 weeks notice.

Is it actually possible to defer an offer? Like you I would I need to give 4 weeks notice in my current role.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 NorthWestJ

Goddard wrote: »
    Is it actually possible to defer an offer? Like you I would I need to give 4 weeks notice in my current role.

Yep , just say the date doesn’t suit you , ya can only defer once I think

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Joe12399

Hi, for anyone that did medicals do you just show up on the day or do you need to complete paperwork etc? Just trying to gauge if there's much work involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ifeelabreeze

What were you lot doing in prep for the fitness test?

I feel like I'm not doing enough/not seeing the progress.

I've been doing the beep test twice a day, and I'm still getting around the 7.8 mark when I need 8.8.

I've been doing the push ups and sit ups daily, the push ups are fine but I'm still missing the sit ups by 1 or 2 each time.

I don't know how to really prepare for the Push Pull or the Obstacle Course either..

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tamkuj

NorthWestJ wrote: »
    Yep , just say the date doesn’t suit you , ya can only defer once I think

Do you think there would be any " consequences" for deferring? Would we need to redo a section of the process or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 NorthWestJ

Do you think there would be any " consequences" for deferring? Would we need to redo a section of the process or something?

No consequences the first time

Joe12399 wrote: »
    Hi, for anyone that did medicals do you just show up on the day or do you need to complete paperwork etc? Just trying to gauge if there's much work involved.

HR will send you a medical form to fill out before you arrive. The usual questions on these type of forms.

If you don’t have one, the receptionist will give you a copy to fill out, but better to have it done in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Killinator

fay711 wrote: »
    So they let you go ahead with glasses on?

I believe they will test you with both glasses on and off. You have to pass a minimum standard with them off.

I just about sqweezed by without mine and my brother failed and had to defer to get laser surgery

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cruzex

Does anyone know would an offer come out in email or will it be a phone call from HR?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

cruzex wrote: »
    Does anyone know would an offer come out in email or will it be a phone call from HR?

It's normally by email.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,746 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Mod: Wilmol, your posts are antagonist and add nothing to the conversation. Do not post on this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fay711

Killinator wrote: »
    I believe they will test you with both glasses on and off. You have to pass a minimum standard with them off.

I just about sqweezed by without mine and my brother failed and had to defer to get laser surgery

Can I ask what prescription you are?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fay711

What were you lot doing in prep for the fitness test?

I feel like I'm not doing enough/not seeing the progress.

I've been doing the beep test twice a day, and I'm still getting around the 7.8 mark when I need 8.8.

I've been doing the push ups and sit ups daily, the push ups are fine but I'm still missing the sit ups by 1 or 2 each time.

I don't know how to really prepare for the Push Pull or the Obstacle Course either..

For the bleep test I just did what you’re doing but really pushed myself passed that feeling of ‘omg I need to stop’ and just pushed myself to keep going!

The push/pull the instructor I had told me to focus on push ups and lat pull downs when I failed the first time, went away and a week later I passed it no problem.

For the obstacle course it’s a tough one because no one really has what you need at home it’s just high intensity for up to 3mins 20seconds. Maybe try doing some work with the prowler in the gym because the body you have to drag is a bit heavier than it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Rebeccab99

Marty1476 wrote: »
    they must have enough people to fill the July intake if they're not continuing pct's, set your sights on September unless a lot of people differ their offer of an intake for july

Yeah that’s definitely the reason I’d say! Hopefully it won’t be too long of a break before they resume again! Still waiting on a repeat for the fitness and the medical but from reading peoples responses on here seems like a lot of people aren’t in a position to start in July if offered since it’ll be short notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 madge91

Anyone who passed the last couple of weekends hear anything about the medicals?

Butterflies for tomorrow. More than likely offers will go out.

Goddard wrote: »
    Butterflies for tomorrow. More than likely offers will go out.

Awh lad, fingers crossed!!!

cmc35 wrote: »
    Awh lad, fingers crossed!!!
    Refreshing this constantly !!

• Advertisement

Sparky92 wrote: »
    Refreshing this constantly !!

Exactly haha, this has taken over life completely over the last week lol

Advertisement