Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT: Intercity vs DART

Options
  • 14-11-2019 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭

Hi - there are two trains going from Connolly to Greystones in the next hour.

17:33 Dep
    Dublin Connolly
    InterCity to Rosslare Europort

17:57 Dep
    Dublin Connolly
    DART to Greystones

Underneath both, it says:

"If this train is an InterCity service it is sold out. Please select an alternative. To purchase DART or Commuter tickets, please go to your local station."

I don't have a ticket, I just tag on and off with my leap card. Do I have to wait for the 17:57 or can I get on the 17:33? I saw an old thread advising that you could just get on, but that was 5 years ago. I'm really not sure how it works now as I've never had to get trains before :o

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

You can get on either.

Doesn't matter what type of train it is as long as your departing and arrival stations are in the Leap zone, which they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Great, thanks for confirming so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭wench

You can get the 17.33

Advertisement