Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vitamin and supplements online

• 12-11-2019 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Has anyone out there ever used Biovea to get vitamins online? Finding getting multi vitamins and things like valerian very expensive to buy in shops. A few years back I used to get what I needed from vita cost.com. Obviously it is not just about price, it has to come from a reputable company. PM me details

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Myprotein or bulkpowders.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 FoodC

try to find something on amaon. I buy there and I always find whatever I need

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

FoodC wrote: »
    try to find something on amaon. I buy there and I always find whatever I need

I will check it out. Was an Amazon prime subscriber for a couple of months and the free delivery was really handy. I just don’t know how Brexit will affect buying supplements, or anything else for that matter from online retailers, if it does happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 FoodC

I will check it out. Was an Amazon prime subscriber for a couple of months and the free delivery was really handy. I just don’t know how Brexit will affect buying supplements, or anything else for that matter from online retailers, if it does happen.

Check it and let me know! :)

I’ve used Biovea, iHerb, Evergreen.ie , Piping Rock and brands own sites like Sona, Solgar etc and found them all v good . Usually better discounts and offers than shops.. Amazon is great too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

There are several online stores. My aunt recently tried Healthspan, and their service was good enough. They have a variety of multivitamins, supplements, skin and health care products. I like them because they also offer pet healthcare products. However, if you are looking supplements and vitamins for weight loss and muscle building purpose for men use only then consider Alpha Bolix multivitamins and supplements from here. Most of their products are doctor's formula, but I think they should enhance their range.

Simply Supplements is also offering good discounts on its online store products, and you can order there with great ease. Moreover, Revital is also one of my favourite stores to explore a variety of vitamins and supplements. Hopefully, you would go with a right option according to your requirements.

Has anyone used Oxford Vitality products? Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

Do you know lab in Ireland that will take supplement products from general public for purity test? 

And if you can't test what you just bought how do you know the quality, because I said so or someone else recommend or perhaps good PR campaign makes you to believe you getting what you have paid for ?

Am I right in saying a consultant's prescription will secure it from a chemist?

I dont think you need prescription for vitamins in fact doctors (MD) do not study nutrition. Perhaps you want to read this article

https://www.steponefoods.com/blogs/news/the-real-reason-doctors-don-t-talk-about-nutrition

• Advertisement

I was getting vitamins from Amazon as a Prime customer because of the free delivery, but anything I go to reorder (and similar products) is not deliverable to my location. Have started ordering from Myprotein and Bulk.

Most likely you wasting your money, sorry for being honest.

With one or both brands? Iprotein was recommended to me for vitamins on another thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Have moved to food based multivitamins, far more bioavailable. I notice a huge improvement after switching from the standard ones full of bulking agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,976 ✭✭✭✭recode the site

Due to removal of a very large amount of digestive system, I can’t easily absorb magnesium and lose it quickly out of my system, resulting in massive widespread muscle cramps, weakness, and general total inability to function. So I always have to take a minimum of 2 magnesium tablet supplements per day, or the more expensive magnesium citrate sachets. I start to notice it very quickly if I miss out for more than a day. Fortunately they are readily available in health food stores or pharmacies. I try and get the Boots 3 for the price of 2, for economy, and keep the citrate sachets for emergency use. I must investigate how online orders might work out for me.

Every bully post gets reported. If personal bullying is the best way you can feel good about yourself, then your self-loathing is your own loss.

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Like you I am looking to use supplements to replace what I lost due to medical treatment. Its expensive trying to live a normal life.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭oopsies

Evergreen.ie, thenutritionstore.ie and nourish.ie would be my go-to's.

Advertisement