Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7S First Impressions

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭jones

My brother in law just got one of these boxes just wondering are they still good in 2023?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Still my daily driver and best bang for buck IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭dubrov

It's old tech from 2017.

Unfortunately, the combo box options are still pretty much the same since then, even more so if you are looking for 2 Sat, 1 terrestrial tuners.

There are better boxes but the H7S seems to be specced just enough to do what is needed for the Irish market. So still probably the best value box

Cheers for the reply. What box would be the next level up compared to it? I'm just trying to futureproof as much as i can.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,770 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Provided you just want it for watching/recording satellite and saorview then there is no need to go for anything higher end in my experience. Yes it’s a few years old but still performs well.

Some of the newer boxes will run iptv better but won’t have 3 tuners or have an android partition but when you look in to the reality of that it’s not practical as for example your series link won’t record when you are in the android partition watching Netflix.

For now I think the best solution is Zgemma h7s and a separate android box (preferably running official android tv os)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Agreed. You can easily pay twice as much for other brands with no significant improvement in performance or extra features.

Thanks folks much appreciated

Advertisement