Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gun safe out in the open?

• 11-11-2019 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Apologies if this has been posted before but I couldn't find it.

My current one is under the stairs but I've bought a bigger one and it won't fit in there. Was planning on bolting it to the wall in the spare room.

Are there any laws stating that a gun safe has to be out of view?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Jack0106 wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been posted before but I couldn't find it.

My current one is under the stairs but I've bought a bigger one and it won't fit in there. Was planning on bolting it to the wall in the spare room.

Are there any laws stating that a gun safe has to be out of view?

Nope, no law says it has to be out of sight. Just that it has to be bolted to a solid structure. I know one or two guys who have big antique bank safes and they are a feature in the room.

You could look at disguising it. Maybe put a wardrobe/cabinet around it etc.

Have you tried lying the safe down on the ground and bolting it to the floor. Would it fit under the stairs then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Could you put the gun safe "lying down" as opposed to standing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Chiparus wrote: »
    Could you put the gun safe "lying down" as opposed to standing?
    Yes this what I done in old house , bolted it to joists in the spare bed room and had divan bed over it... the spare bed had drawers which I cut down so safe would fit. No problem when the safety officer called out to view.

Advertisement