Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 12 Secret Matchday Thread

1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

km79 wrote: »
    It’s been a weird weekend for bonus
    And around this time of year it always is imo
    It’s like they are fine tuning it or something

Fine tuning? In what way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Feels very average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

dsmythy wrote: »
    Fine tuning? In what way?

Seems to happen every year around this time
    Get a nomad set of bonus and then it reverts !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭Charles Leclerc

69. 15 from 5 today. Shocking.

Aguero definitely gone now, had enough of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Into the top 100k for the first time.

This is about where the wheels came off last season, will try to be a bit more patient this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Seems to happen every year around this time
    Get a nomad set of bonus and then it reverts !

I don't know. They take away some negatives on the official site post game and Mane had quite a few.

dsmythy wrote: »
    I don't know. They take away some negatives on the official site post game and Mane had quite a few.

It’s not mane
    Didn’t expect any from him

It’s Ryan getting 3 whilst also conceding 3 (I know he had 3 save points )
    Aurier getting 2 despite conceding and no attacking returns
    Ake only one off bonus (and was on 2 at end of game ) despite conceding 2 and no attacking returns

It just feels like we get a week like this around this time of year every year whilst they adjust the formula or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

76 takes me to 430k, hell of a lot better than where I was two weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

70 (-8). Another captain fail. Need to start getting my captain firing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

83 (-4) good points the week I get a captain success.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

79 no hits, step in the right direction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

74, no hits. GW rank of 260k badly needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

77 and up to 336k

Slowly making a little progress, despite not having Vardy...yet.

It's weird how over the last 2 seasons I've lost a lot of my enthusiasm for the game, and yet continue plugging away.

I feel like I'm better at the game than before but have had my worst 2 years.

Captained Salah and brought in Tomori for Fredericks, both of which worked reasonably well.

Aguero and Sterling are issues at this point too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,129 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

84 and up to 227k.
    Was 1.5 million after GW 8

What a 2 weeks I’ve had
    Up to 29k from 750k
    GW rank of 811 which is prob my highest ever
    Even my hit paid off well

It was indeed “moving “ week as I had hoped it for those who planned ahead
    Now onto the next part of the plan
    Liverpool !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I got 27 points in GW9, so changed from 3-5-2 to 3-4-3 by bringing in Vardy and Jimenez. 241 points in 3 weeks since has seen me rise from 529k to 26k :D

Benimar wrote: »

I got 27 points in GW9, so changed from 3-5-2 to 3-4-3 by bringing in Vardy and Jimenez. 241 points in 3 weeks since has seen me rise from 529k to 26k :D

He who dares Rodney he who dares

Fair play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

What a 2 weeks I’ve had
    Up to 29k from 750k
    GW rank of 811 which is prob my highest ever
    Even my hit paid off well

It was indeed “moving “ week as I had hoped it for those who planned ahead
    Now onto the next part of the plan
    Liverpool !

Savage moving

Just checked in to see I’m up to 33k from 2.6m 8 weeks ago, I’d say this could be my longest string of greens, four of those have been around the 100k for the GW, makes a big difference

I hate ye all :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

70 pts. Happy with that as a non-Vardy owner, though I've gone and brought him in for the next gameweek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭macraignil

78 sees a rise from 960,000's to 480,000's. Have to be happy with that much of a rise when my Manchester City players were negated by playing the top team in the league. Great to get the captain choice right for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

60 points.

A rise in OR!

I have gone from 4.7 million in the world to the lofty heights of 4.3 million

I have still yet to have a gameweek rank inside the top 1million, but this was still my 3rd time with a gameweek rank inside the top 2million, so hopefully this is a sign of good things to come :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Rikand wrote: »
    60 points.

A rise in OR!

I have gone from 4.7 million in the world to the lofty heights of 4.3 million

I have still yet to have a gameweek rank inside the top 1million, but this was still my 3rd time with a gameweek rank inside the top 2million, so hopefully this is a sign of good things to come :)

Whatttt? That seems mental.

You must have had some seriously bad luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Whatttt? That seems mental.

You must have had some seriously bad luck.

I am having one of those seasons where whatever can go wrong, is going wrong lol. I would normally be a player who would finish nicely inside the top 100k most years but this season the game is biting back!

I am on the wrong side of every single 50/50 call all season long. If it wasnt so tragic, it would be hilarious! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

77 up nearly 1m places in 2 weeks to 168k. Kun/Cantwell to Vardy/Maddison worked out ridiculously well and was going to do Pope to Gazzinga for -4 but my decision to take far less hits this season has paid of. All of a sudden I’m back in the game doubt it will last long though and the international break couldn’t have come at a worse time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Inside the top 65k. The last red arrows were GW 6 and 7. But even though I got 2 more weeks of poor scores after that I got green arrows, everyone else must have had a lot worse.
    The gamble of not waiting to make changes is getting me in on rises and generally getting the right players in before the masses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

65 (-4) sees a slight rise to 260k. Bit disappointed tbh. Hilson on my bench is annoying, between deciding on my Ota replacement and who to captain, I didn't put him in instead of Lundstram, which I would have done had I been paying attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,030 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

70 (-4)

The -4 was for Jimenez, who I then captained, and Mane so it worked out well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭Cartman78

72 which sees me bounce back to 730K -- have been fluting about between 700K and 1.3M OR now for a few weeks....can't put 2 decent gameweeks together at all.

Still ~100 points off the top of my main money leagues...gonna take one helluva comeback to claw them back as everyone has virtually the same team :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Cartman78 wrote: »
    72 which sees me bounce back to 730K -- have been fluting about between 700K and 1.3M OR now for a few weeks....can't put 2 decent gameweeks together at all.

Still ~100 points off the top of my main money leagues...gonna take one helluva comeback to claw them back as everyone has virtually the same team :rolleyes:

Feel like I’m seeing a template defence and strikers for the first time this season.

Midfield is where the differences seem to be.

Advertisement