Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Greatest One Hit Wonder Song

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,886 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Zaph wrote: »
    Well if it makes you feel any better, Rick Astley had a heap of top 10 hits, not just the obvious one.

So he has, phew :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Sabrina boys boy's boy's....

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

nthclare wrote: »
    Sabrina boys boy's boy's....

Admit it, you only ever watched the video with the sound turned down. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Such a great idea for a thread, thanks Kolido!

I went for one hit wonders from the 80's - this is when I started listening to and learning music!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Zaph wrote: »
    Admit it, you only ever watched the video with the sound turned down. :D

I did yeah and ironically ever since I've been attracted to cougar's..

I still think she's hot, denim shorts and leg's, clevage etc

That doe eyed eyetallian look, she did a duet recently with Samantha fox yes and I liked it ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Thanks for all the submissions so far. A word of advice for anyone still to submit, dont avoid the obvious expecting someone elae will pick them.

In a break from the norm here, I will be submitting my own 5, I will post them on thread for clarity.

Sent mine in there

I was hoping to have space to wind up Necro but I couldn't fit this beauty in :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Kolido wrote: »
    Thanks for all the submissions so far. A word of advice for anyone still to submit, dont avoid the obvious expecting someone elae will pick them.

In a break from the norm here, I will be submitting my own 5, I will post them on thread for clarity.

But 5 is just not enough, I had to leave out BBC radio DJs with one offs, TV series personalities real and not so real, numerous real one hit wonders from the likes of the wurzels, paper lace etc.

As Oliver Twist said " Please sir, can I have some more?"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,887 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

In and sent .
    Love my picks tbh , memories of a lifetime ago and fun times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

Spook_ie wrote: »
    But 5 is just not enough, I had to leave out BBC radio DJs with one offs, TV series personalities real and not so real, numerous real one hit wonders from the likes of the wurzels, paper lace etc.

As Oliver Twist said " Please sir, can I have some more?"

I agree. I propose that everyone should be allowed to submit one more one hit wonder.

What ya say Kolido?

• Advertisement

Everyone can now pick 6 songs, if you have already submitted, please add one more, and remember, you can still change your picks until we close. Anyone who has still to submit, please choose 6 songs when doing so.

We are currently at over 70 unique picks, I will keep this opened for another few days and see how far get.

As mentioned yesterday, I will be picking also. Here are my picks.

Europe - The Final Countdown
    Climie Fisher - Love Changes Everything
    John Waite - Missing You
    Chesney Hawkes - You and Only
    Unkle Kracker - Follow Me
    Sugar Ray - Every Morning

I do this too :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Some good memories in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

I think there's a difference between acts who only had one hit song and acts who'd be described as one hit wonders. I think at least two that I submitted would qualify for the former description. Regardless, this should be an interesting battle for the best.

We currently have 95 unique songs, 9 of those are multi nominated and will be seeded. How these will be seeded I'm not sure yet. If we got 128 songs we could run with a straight knock out format, keeping the seeded songs apart in the first round.

If we don't reach this number, we can figure something out. I will leave this opened for another while.

We have the song list complete, for clarity, I added some wild card songs as we didn't enough to run with a straight knock out.

I will get the pairing for round 1 sorted and we can start the contest then.

Thanks to everyone for submitting songs, please stand by for live thread.

Thread is live, first match will start shortly

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=111756305#post111756305

Weepsie wrote: »
    The correct and only acceptable answer is White Town - Your Woman

God damn it, just dawned on me that nobody submitted this in the end. :(

Really should've listened to Kolidio here....
    Kolido wrote: »

Just listened to Your Woman there, it really is a monster of a tune.

God damn it, just dawned on me that nobody submitted this in the end. :(

I had a list of ones that didn't make it and I've been adding to it in the last few days as more pop to mind. I'm up to 34!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,890 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Advertisement