Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Classic reg change.

• 04-11-2019 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 7 ✭✭✭ Defender77

Hi guys. Question. I have bought a Classic car, 70's. but the previous owner used the standard number plate design when he imported it. I was wondering if it's possible to change it to a ZV plate and if so does anyone know the procedure?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭ ?Cee?view

Defender77 wrote: »
    Hi guys. Question. I have bought a Classic car, 70's. but the previous owner used the standard number plate design when he imported it. I was wondering if it's possible to change it to a ZV plate and if so does anyone know the procedure?

You need form VRT35

As a matter of interest, why would you want to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭ Isambard

you can change the style of the plate at will, if it's the modern plate you don't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭ tyney

You can go from year reg to zv, but you can't go from zv to year reg.
    I had to choose recently, so thought that the zv number would be too long. I opted for the year, but they gave me a 5 digit number.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ✭✭✭ Defender77

Fantastic, that was easy. Thanks guys.

Why you say?. well it might sound silly but I love talking to people at shows. I tend to stay with my vehicle so that people will come up to me to talk about it.....and one of the first questions they ask (when its a ZV number) is what year is it, boom! your having a conversation!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭ Isambard

they also ask when you have a year plate.....and then tell you what's wrong with your car !

• Advertisement
Advertisement