Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatal RTC in Dublin

Options
  • 01-11-2019 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭

Fatal RTC at 9am this morning, between a cyclist and a lorry, at the junction of South Circular Rd. and Bulfin Rd.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,384 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

RIP, horrible news.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Very sad to hear. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Awful news that's a terrible junction at the min.RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Would it be right to think that junction is fairly busy with construction traffic for the new hospital?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Yes very busy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,384 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

usual mod warning folks - please refrain from speculating as to the cause or possible blame for this incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Rip, thoughts with cyclist and the truck driver

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

I must have missed that by about just 10 minutes on my walk to work this morning. It's not a big junction and traffic is light enough this week with the schools off.
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bingobars

Thoughts with family and friends of everyone involved

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

RIP and as said before thoughts with family , friends and the driver involved. Dreadful for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

RIP to the poor man :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

there but for the grace of God go I, went through that junction not too long before that. there's extra road works on the kilmainham side of the junction this week too, as well as the construction traffic for the hospital.

RIP to the poor man.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

certainly need to be wary of construction sites, there is one on Haddington road at the moment that has caused me a headache or 2, you get trucks doing weird manoeuvres causing the traffic to be unpredictable

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Photo from the Times showing location.

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Effects wrote: »
    Photo from the Times showing location.

image.jpg

That's not the junction of Bulfin and the South Circular, it's the SC and Brookfield.

I pass through the Bulfin and SCC junction every am and this am at circa 8.40 the garda already had the SC going east closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,470 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Worth discussion but on a separate thread maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,470 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

silverharp wrote: »
    certainly need to be wary of construction sites, there is one on Haddington road at the moment that has caused me a headache or 2, you get trucks doing weird manoeuvres causing the traffic to be unpredictable

Worth discussion but on a separate thread.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Apparently someone in the Journal doesn't realise the South Circular Road goes from Camden Street to the Phoenix Park as their initial report just saying SC road means they might as well have just said southside of Dublin .

It was the Garda press office that released it as SCR and Bulfin road.
    When I saw the image I thought they had it wrong as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Worth discussion but on a separate thread.....?

any incident in any sphere is worth reminding one's self to be more careful in particular situations.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

RIP to the deceased,

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lethal dose

RIP and thoughts with family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Budawanny

Rip . terrible tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Horrible news. RIP to the cyclist and thoughts are with the lorry driver. A reminder how it only take a second for tragedy to strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kevinmartind6

terrible news RIP ...there is a vigil later at 5pm at junction of South Circular Road/Brookfield Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

terrible news RIP ...there is a vigil later at 5pm at junction of South Circular Road/Brookfield Road.

A vigil? Why? No point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kevinmartind6

for cyclists , community, friends etc to express solidarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭The Davestator

fatbhoy wrote: »
    A vigil? Why? No point.

What a strange thing to say.

Vigils are generally 'pointless' Just a time for affected people to come together and find some solace in a sense of camaraderie, support and company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

RIP. Used to pass that junction on my old commute and very easy to get left hooked there. Vast majority of traffic is going straight on and right so you're really at the mercy of the exception using their indicators/mirrors.

Advertisement