Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

rob316 wrote: »
    Jesus did I read another article yesterday that she went on the radio again?

Literally all you have to do is not say a word for a couple of years and you can resurface back into politics then. What mickey mouse PR company are advising her?
    Meghan Markle's? Lol.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

markodaly wrote: »
    No doubt she made a serious error of judgement when it came to her claim, and paid the price for that, by losing her political career. However, this macabre fascination with her is over the top. Then again, she is a woman so I guess for the angry white males out there, its fair game.

Are angry Black/Asian/ME males different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

No doubt she made a serious error of judgement when it came to her claim, and paid the price for that, by losing her political career. However, this macabre fascination with her is over the top. Then again, she is a woman so I guess for the angry white males out there, its fair game.

That's shinner talk....seemingly.

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1293663127809204233

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Like what had to be explained to you when you questioned "the need for a thread about Leo" - you're confusing a "macabre fascination" with a resurgence of interest in her affairs because she - Maria Bailey, recently did a newspaper article, playing the victim, quicky followed up with a live radio interview with Brendan O'Connor..

You're in Australia right? So understandable you might have missed the radio program, but with the readily availability of podcasts, it's not excusable.

Here's the deal mark, she took to the papers and airwaves regurgitating her own tale to a very unsympathetic public. The same public didn't seem to appreciate someone still trying to piss down their necks and tell them it's raining, people started discussing the whole thing again, on social media platforms, and messaging boards and in real life.

This is a forum to discuss current affairs, Maria Bailey made herself a current affair again. nobody else did that except Maria Bailey, period.

There's a recurrent theme with you popping into threads to all too readily dispense (delete as appropriate)

Homophobic ✓
    Misogynistic ✓
    Racist ✓
    Xenophobic ✓
    Sectarian ✓
    Anti Semitic ✓

Accusations depending on who the topic of conversation is about, and because the actual topic is uncomfortable.

Shouldn't be allowed to carry-on and needs to be nipped in the bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Utter nonsense, should every woman get away things based on the threat that people will shoot down people’s opinions with misogyny claims. She was caught out, went in the radio and made things worse (much like Gordon Elliot made things worse who by the way is also getting a hard time despite apparently being a man). Then a year later when everything had died down she again does a radio interview where she still just wants to play victim. She’s not being treated this way because of her gender but because of her actions.
    This defence of her because of her gender by yourself and the resident FG supporter is nothing short of pathetic. She caused all this and wasn’t able to just admit it was her own doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,222 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

humberklog wrote: »
    Are angry Black/Asian/ME males different?
    McMurphy wrote: »
    Like what had to be explained to you when you questioned "the need for a thread about Leo" - you're confusing a "macabre fascination" with a resurgence of interest in her affairs because she - Maria Bailey, recently did a newspaper article, playing the victim, quicky followed up with a live radio interview with Brendan O'Connor..

You're in Australia right? So understandable you might have missed the radio program, but with the readily availability of podcasts, it's not excusable.

Here's the deal mark, she took to the papers and airwaves regurgitating her own tale to a very unsympathetic public. The same public didn't seem to appreciate someone still trying to piss down their necks and tell them it's raining, people started discussing the whole thing again, on social media platforms, and messaging boards and in real life.

This is a forum to discuss current affairs, Maria Bailey made herself a current affair again. nobody else did that except Maria Bailey, period.

There's a recurrent theme with you popping into threads to all too readily dispense (delete as appropriate)

Homophobic ✓
    Misogynistic ✓
    Racist ✓
    Xenophobic ✓
    Sectarian ✓
    Any Semitic ✓

Accusations depending on who the topic of conversation is about, and because the actual topic is uncomfortable.

Shouldn't be allowed to carry-on and needs to be nipped in the bud.

That's shinner talk....seemingly.
    salmocab wrote: »
    Utter nonsense, should every woman get away things based on the threat that people will shoot down people’s opinions with misogyny claims. She was caught out, went in the radio and made things worse (much like Gordon Elliot made things worse who by the way is also getting a hard time despite apparently being a man). Then a year later when everything had died down she again does a radio interview where she still just wants to play victim. She’s not being treated this way because of her gender but because of her actions.
    This defence of her because of her gender by yourself and the resident FG supporter is nothing short of pathetic. She caused all this and wasn’t able to just admit it was her own doing.

I rest my case.

One again my opinion on Maria Bailey is being ignored BECAUSE I AM WOMAN! The only ones being criticised for criticising Maria are the assumed men in this thread.

I dunno what to say. I may not be a great debater but I have as much right as anyone else on here to have my opinions noted. The posters who are saying that it is men picking on Maria because she is a woman are the actual mysoginists.

I rest my case.

You'd need to makez and then present a case to be able to "rest one" Marko, what you made was a brainfart post.

Own it.

You'd need to makez and then present a case to be able to "rest one" Marko, what you made was a brainfart post.

Own it.

What, Own what? That there seems to be a cohort of angry white males mouthing off online about her, sending her letters in the post, that sort of thing?

Why is this a sensitive topic for you?

One again my opinion on Maria Bailey is being ignored BECAUSE I AM WOMAN! The only ones being criticised for criticising Maria are the assumed men in this thread.

I dunno what to say. I may not be a great debater but I have as much right as anyone else on here to have my opinions noted. The posters who are saying that it is men picking on Maria because she is a woman are the actual mysoginists.

Oh course everyone is entitled to an opinion, but there is plenty of studies that show, that the majority of abuse meted out online is from men

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/why-men-are-more-likely-to-be-internet-trolls-than-women-according-to-a-new-study-2017-9

Again, I am not defending her actions here, in fact, I never have, a part of this she brought on herself but I am drawing a line on the abuse she gets and still gets. It appears the level of abuse is up for debate apparently, where people think she deserves everything she gets including hatemail sent in the post....

Now if people want to defend that, then work away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Oh course everyone is entitled to an opinion, but there is plenty of studies that show, that the majority of abuse meted out online is from men

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/why-men-are-more-likely-to-be-internet-trolls-than-women-according-to-a-new-study-2017-9

Again, I am not defending her actions here, in fact, I never have, a part of this she brought on herself but I am drawing a line on the abuse she gets and still gets. It appears the level of abuse is up for debate apparently, where people think she deserves everything she gets including hatemail sent in the post....

You're a funny guy mark, the funniest bit is you actually take yourself seriously.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

What, Own what? That there seems to be a cohort of angry white males mouthing off online about her, sending her letters in the post, that sort of thing?

Because not only white males think shes a chancer.

If Leo did this wed be all over him too. But sure then we'd be racist.

That study is all about narcissism not mysoginy and they say it’s a lot more common in men than women. But (as per your link)......
    Narcissists are people who are excessively self-interested and callous. Being a narcissist is more than having an unhealthy obsession with yourself; they have no concern for other people, to the extent that they resent anybody and anything that doesn’t directly involve them.

....A narcissistic person doesn’t care what colour, gender or religion you are.

Her abuse appears to amount to newspaper articles outlining her false claim and women dressing up as her at Halloween a few years back.

Im sure Leo and Simon get worse.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Her abuse appears to amount to newspaper articles outlining her false claim and women dressing up as her at Halloween a few years back.

But they’re men they don’t need a hero like Mark to stand up for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

"Sean.. they were making fun of me... Sean, Sean, Sean, Sean". Wah Wah wah. Always the victim is Maria.

She obvously didn't go back his show, but judging by her recent performances, don't the above would be too far off.

salmocab wrote: »
    But they’re men they don’t need a hero like Mark to stand up for them.

Theres been no abuse in this thread. Shes been called a chancer, spoofer and a fraud for overstating her claim.

All fair and deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Stephen Donnelly certainly does!

If she had an iota of self awareness she would manage to equate her lampooning with the audacity of her position and her belief that she is being wronged.

But no, rather she waits a year to re-emerge with a sob story and a whinge about how poorly she has been treated.
    Absolutely no mea culpa even now, then she compounds it with another poor radio interview.
    Yet...
    Its angry white men that are the problem?

banie01 wrote: »
    Stephen Donnelly certainly does!

If she had an iota of self awareness she would manage to equate her lampooning with the audacity of her position and her belief that she is being wronged.

But no, rather she waits a year to re-emerge with a sob story and a whinge about how poorly she has been treated.
    Absolutely no mean culpa even now, then she compounds it with another poor radio interview.
    Yet...
    Its angry white men that are the problem?

Sure Simon Harris had a lynch mob outside his house two years ago. Im sure no angry white men were involved as it was a cervical check debacle that angered the public:pac:

Public figures get stick. Politicians are self made public figures. Comes with the job. Some of the abuse is OTT, but its all there own doing.

You make bad decisions, people will be angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

What, she's getting hate mail? In the post? Who the **** writes and sends letters anymore apart from old women?

Oh wait...

• Advertisement

Own your post - it was a brainfart.

You can't "rest a case" you haven't exactly made, I mean you just came into the thread accused folk of "having a macabre fascination" on her, and then insinuated it was "angry males"

Completely ignoring the fact that A,

people are only discussing her again because SHE managed to draw attention to herself again by playing the victim in radio and newspaper interviews. That's what happens in life in general mark, public figures say or do something in public, and it gets discussed.

And B,

You're implying it's only males discussing her, as if it's some kind of thinly veiled misogyny in doing so.

As already stated, if it was Leo - you'd be insinuating people were racist and or homophobic.

Neale Richmond, they'd be sectarian..

Etc etc etc.

There's a long and deep track record of your doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,354 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Own your post - it was a brainfart.

You can't "rest a case" you haven't exactly made, I mean you just came into the thread accused folk of "having a macabre fascination" on her, and then insinuated it was "angry males"

Completely ignoring the fact that A,

people are only discussing her again because SHE managed to draw attention to herself again by playing the victim in radio and newspaper interviews. That's what happens in life in general mark, public figures say or do something in public, and it gets discussed.

And B,

You're implying it's only males discussing her, as if it's some kind of thinly veiled misogyny in doing so.

As already stated, if it was Leo - you'd be insinuating people were racist and or homophobic.

Neale Richmond, they'd be sectarian..

Etc etc etc.

There's a long and deep track record of your doing so.

there was no suggestion that it was in any way thinly veiled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

there was no suggestion that it was in any way thinly veiled.

Hang on, you think that the root of the discussion here is misogyny..?!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If she was male I'd expect exactly the same outcry.

These morons believe they are above us all and us ants should just go with what they say.

Look at all those in top position telling us to hold firm, don't do that yada yada and many off out, holiday homes, out with mates etc etc etc.

Man, you have gone so far to the libleft you are all the way round to the rabidright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Don't be fooled, a woman's fiercest critic is other women, they may not be
    particularly active on a given media platform (and we are not privy to What'sApp type chats of course) but they'll tear strips off one another around a coffee table.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

If the attacks on Maria Bailey are sexist, what do you call the attacks on Phil Hogan?

Politician doing something immoral and f*cking stupid gets absolutely roasted online. It's a story as old as the internet itself, and gender has absolutely nothing to do with it.

If the attacks on Maria Bailey are sexist, what do you call the attacks on Phil Hogan?

Politician doing something immoral and f*cking stupid gets absolutely roasted online. It's a story as old as the internet itself, and gender has absolutely nothing to do with it.

GOLF HATERS?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

GOLF HATERS?

Mishogany

• Advertisement

Mishogany

Well played

Advertisement