Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Sorry We Missed You (Ken Loach)

• 30-10-2019 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,162 ✭✭✭✭ KKV

Howdy do folks. Heard about this on the radio recently.

04861-1569355611302.jpg

It's yer man that made I, Daniel Blake, which I thought was good. What I'm wondering is, despite my efforts to Google, is anyone aware of anywhere that you can watch this when it comes out in ye olde cinema?

I can see Irish Film Institute appear in Google Searches but surely there must be a few more than that carrying it?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭ Slydice

It's on in the IFI in Temple Bar (Dublin) for a week starting on Friday:
    https://ifi.ie/sorry-we-missed-you/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 27,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭ johnny_ultimate

Also playing in the Lighthouse and has a run in Triskel, Cork in a few weeks. That’s all I could see from a quick gander, but there could be others!

Actually preferred the film to I, Daniel Blake - but I struggle to explain exactly why as is a very similar film! I perhaps think there’s a newness to the material... I mean, IDB had strong contemporary setting, but this I think really articulates a lot of the concerns with the gig economy in a way that seems additionally urgent. But overall it’s almost precisely what you’d expect: compassionate, political and polemical filmmaking from people who know precisely what they’re doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 75,500 ✭✭✭✭ JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭ mikhail

I saw I, Daniel Blake, and this looks even more of a riotous, uplifting joyfest. He's a good film maker, and the topics are important, but you wouldn't want to go seem them if you're feeling low.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭ otnomart

It is a very tough film, as it is like watching a documentary about a young working family (who could well be my own friends, relatives or neighbours) struggling to survive in the Zero Hours economy.

A companion to "I, Daniel Blake", which was also about ordinary people struggling to survive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭ mystic86

Christ almighty this was bleak. He could have told the same story without being so unrelentingly bleak. It almost crossed over to farcically bleak.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,389 ✭✭✭✭ NIMAN

The trailers a hard watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,851 ✭✭✭✭ endacl

mystic86 wrote: »
    Christ almighty this was bleak. He could have told the same story without being so unrelentingly bleak. It almost crossed over to farcically bleak.

So, you’re saying it was bleak?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭ mystic86

endacl wrote: »
    So, you’re saying it was bleak?

A bit, ya.

Advertisement