Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sorry We Missed You (Ken Loach)

• 30-10-2019 11:17pm

Howdy do folks. Heard about this on the radio recently.

04861-1569355611302.jpg

It's yer man that made I, Daniel Blake, which I thought was good. What I'm wondering is, despite my efforts to Google, is anyone aware of anywhere that you can watch this when it comes out in ye olde cinema?

I can see Irish Film Institute appear in Google Searches but surely there must be a few more than that carrying it?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

It's on in the IFI in Temple Bar (Dublin) for a week starting on Friday:
    https://ifi.ie/sorry-we-missed-you/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Also playing in the Lighthouse and has a run in Triskel, Cork in a few weeks. That’s all I could see from a quick gander, but there could be others!

Actually preferred the film to I, Daniel Blake - but I struggle to explain exactly why as is a very similar film! I perhaps think there’s a newness to the material... I mean, IDB had strong contemporary setting, but this I think really articulates a lot of the concerns with the gig economy in a way that seems additionally urgent. But overall it’s almost precisely what you’d expect: compassionate, political and polemical filmmaking from people who know precisely what they’re doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

I saw I, Daniel Blake, and this looks even more of a riotous, uplifting joyfest. He's a good film maker, and the topics are important, but you wouldn't want to go seem them if you're feeling low.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

It is a very tough film, as it is like watching a documentary about a young working family (who could well be my own friends, relatives or neighbours) struggling to survive in the Zero Hours economy.

A companion to "I, Daniel Blake", which was also about ordinary people struggling to survive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Christ almighty this was bleak. He could have told the same story without being so unrelentingly bleak. It almost crossed over to farcically bleak.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The trailers a hard watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭endacl

mystic86 wrote: »
    Christ almighty this was bleak. He could have told the same story without being so unrelentingly bleak. It almost crossed over to farcically bleak.

So, you’re saying it was bleak?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

endacl wrote: »
    So, you’re saying it was bleak?

A bit, ya.

Advertisement