Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef the Professionals 2019

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Olivia is class.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,895 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Raw egg,puke time.
    To be fair, I think they more looked raw than actually were raw - they were slow cooking for 45 mins according to the narrator.

Still wouldn't touch them, mind you!

(My dad used to down raw eggs from the shell occasionally - not sure if it was just to provoke a reaction from his snowflake offspring, or if he actually liked them!)

Olivia is class.
    She is, and from the very first time she appeared she had this determined look about her that I've loved.

But I think Stu will do for her in the final, unless he fks up royally.

Agree with Twill that I really wish Andrew was still in instead of Exose (or even Jann) - I think that Exose trades on his personality a lot. Not that I'm saying he can't cook or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Yeah, Andrew was hard done by I feel. At the time Yann merited his pick into the final four but Xsose probably not right then(he actually improved in the finals week).
    Bored to death with the superlatives, looking forward to the end of it.
    If I was to change one thing, I'd have the chefs table tomorrow night, give them, Monica, Marcus and Greg a voting system and pick the MasterCHef Champion outright.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

Whoever wins, I think all of them will get a massive career boost. In fact, several of the top 8 will probably get offers, lots of talent this year even if it didn't look great at the beginning.

• Advertisement

Only tuning in now, but yes I'd agree with the above - very strong final contenders (not just in the actual final)

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    (My dad used to down raw eggs from the shell occasionally - not sure if it was just to provoke a reaction from his snowflake offspring, or if he actually liked them!)

It used to be thought that raw eggs were more nutritious than cooked, I think.

Stu's menu sounds like the most inventive. Like Olivia's too, but her dessert sounds a bit like a rerun of the chef's table.

Gosh, I'd barely recognise Olivia without her hair scraped back!

(for which I give her major brownie points! Jann dripping sweat off his floppy curls was something that bothered me all the way through the series)

Gonna sign out of this thread now, till I get to the end of the programme.

I genuinely can't call it at this stage!

Absolutely torn between Olivia and Stu before they start cooking.

Has to be Stu. Their praise was sky-high and it looked amazing.

• Advertisement

twill wrote: »
    Has to be Stu. Their praise was sky-high and it looked amazing.
    Yeah, that was never really in doubt - he'd have had to majorly fk up not to win, I think....

Well worthy winner - as much as I really wanted Olivia to do it!

It occurred to me tonight that I think I've commented on Pro MC threads before that they kind of lose me going into the final rounds, with all their wizardry and trickery, and basically food I can't even comprehend never mind want to eat.

Well, this time all the way through it was food I could relate to in some way, so kudos to the chefs for that at least!

Stu is a name I'd keep an eye out for in the future, I'd dearly love to taste his food some time!

Watching last night's recording of this year's Christmas special - yayyyy, Andy Murray is back!!! I LOVE him! (but still can't remember his name :rolleyes:)

Plus that other very odd Scotsman, to whom I can't really take, couldn't at the time and still can't.

My goodness, Matt looks a lot older than 32!!! 2 Michelin stars clearly is hard on the complexion, but good for weight loss..... :D I had to rewind to make sure it was the same man, and even then I'd hardly believe I recognised him!

Very sorry that Andy/Adam didn't win (did I mention that I LOVE him?!) - but Sven must be chuffed at beating a Michelin starred chef! And I always had a soft spot for him as well, plus I love all that "this is a bit of sheep from that field over there, with a few flowers from the ditch" style of cookery. His restaurant will be quite the destination, I reckon.

Dean came across as still odd, and a bit mealy-mouthed in his "I'm happy" comment when the winner was announced.

Great to see some of the old ones back, and great to see how they're all doing.

Now, anyone know when the next plebs series is starting??

I really enjoyed that episode. I liked seeing Michelle from last year, I loved her idea of refining Caribbean food, and it's great to see her success. I hope she gets the chance to open her own place.

That was the second time Dean was ungracious in defeat! Matt has two Michelin stars and was fine about losing, take note!

Love Sven, happy that he's doing well. Adam seemed a bit off in the chef's kitchen last year, hope that's an aberration. His food looked fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Watching last night's recording of this year's Christmas special - yayyyy, Andy Murray is back!!! I LOVE him! (but still can't remember his name :rolleyes:)

Plus that other very odd Scotsman, to whom I can't really take, couldn't at the time and still can't.

What's this Christmas special? Can't find any reference to it.

I'd love to watch Dean lose again so would like to see it.

What's this Christmas special? Can't find any reference to it.

I'd love to watch Dean lose again so would like to see it.

BBC link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭MMyers

I miss Rachel on Masterchef

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.images.express.co.uk%2Fimg%2Fdynamic%2F20%2F285x395%2F845155_1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

twill wrote: »

Thanks. That was satisfying. Well actually not. I disliked Sven too. ****.

Good to see they're all doing well though, in all seriousness.

Advertisement