Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Week 8 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Another spill from Chubb after a superb run

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Beautiful shovel pass interception by Mayfield

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Peak Cleveland right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Mayfield, I mean, wow.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

WTF was that from Baker / Kitchens

These two are looking like dead men walking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

That is the worst pick I have ever seen.

They absolutely deserve to give up a td because of it.

All part of Bill's plan to keep Brady fresh. Scoring defence and starting the drives in the redzone :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Look, the Browns were never going to win here, but after a 2 week break, I expected some things to be fixed and some of those errors to be ironed out.

This though is multiple times worse. Car-crash on an epic scale.

No idea where we go from here. Freddie Kitchens is out of his depth and Baker looks like an imitation of a quarter-back.

The 49ers are the real deal. Very impressive

Browns basically giving the Patriots yards and they still end up with nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Denver handing the game to the Colts. This defense just falls apart in game ending drives.
    Ah come on - the Broncos defence was stellar today - they did a fantastic job and got feck all help from Joe Cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Ah come on - the Broncos defence was stellar today - they did a fantastic job and got feck all help from Joe Cool.

Agreed, which makes it all the more frustrating. For 58 minutes they played well and held the lead in the final minute only to see Trubisky Bears, minshews Jags and now Brissetts Colts march the length of the field for the game winning FG.

The Joe Flacco thing needs to end sooner rather than later at this stage. He look like a (lame) deer in the headlights every pass rush

Nick Bosa in the running for defensive player of the year never mind the rookie prize.

3 sacks and a pick today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Why did Houston only go for one point there when two behind?

Still Ill wrote: »
    Why did Houston only go for one point there when two behind?

I have no idea what O Brien is at. Stupid decision

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Okay good win from the eagles as the two minute warning comes up.

dark horses for the nfc

The 49ers are the real deal. Very impressive

i agree with peter kings sentiments though, NE look too good in the AFC its probably likly that the only team that could match them in the super bowel would be the saints

i know its early but the pats are scary on defence , nick bosa is scary for the 9rs though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭n32

What a play by Deshaun watson

Takeo Spikes is a brilliant panelist on sky, funny guy, and good analyst, shame he's only here for 4 or 5 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Panrich

I know the Browns were terrible tonight but the refs were abysmal with some of the calls.

• Advertisement

Just seen that throw from Watson. That was a special play

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The niners are serious operators and the NFC may go through the Bay Area in January.

Also on my pick for this week the only loss I’ve had so far is the bears losing by a point.

The niners are serious operators and the NFC may go through the Bay Area in January.

Jimmy G is too inconsistent in my opinion, they have some attacking unit around him not to mention there defence, but brees and the saints look a better team if remain fit, chip on the shoulders of big easy from the LA game last year

Also on my pick for this week the only loss I’ve had so far is the bears losing by a point.

I never had time for trubisky but play calling was terrible at the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Panrich wrote: »
    I know the Browns were terrible tonight but the refs were abysmal with some of the calls.

I only saw one egregious offensive pass interference call, where there others? And even with that call he did stiff arm the defender but still harsh

Jimmy G is too inconsistent in my opinion, they have some attacking unit around him not to mention there defence, but brees and the saints look a better team if remain fit, chip on the shoulders of big easy from the LA game last year

Look If jimmy G can be a game manager at worst as you say the talent around him on both sides of the ball is serious. Nick bosa is in line to get DPOTY never mind rookie of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Jimmy mixes the great plays with some poor decisions. The injury that he is coming back from normally takes several months to get QBs into better form and currently he is forced to get the ball out incredibly quickly which is making things worse. With Kyle scheming for him, even keeping the same performance levels should be enough against most teams.

That attacking unit that just put up more than 50 on the Panthers (ranked 3rd best defense coming in) is playing with their 4th and 5th choice OTs, without the best versatile FB in the league, 2 WRs on IR, and their WR1 being with the team a matter of days. Unless there are further major injuries, that offense should only improve from here.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Jimmy mixes the great plays with some poor decisions. The injury that he is coming back from normally takes several months to get QBs into better form and currently he is forced to get the ball out incredibly quickly which is making things worse. With Kyle scheming for him, even keeping the same performance levels should be enough against most teams.

That attacking unit that just put up more than 50 on the Panthers (ranked 3rd best defense coming in) is playing with their 4th and 5th choice OTs, without the best versatile FB in the league, 2 WRs on IR, and their WR1 being with the team a matter of days. Unless there are further major injuries, that offense should only improve from here.

Defence was brilliant, 7 sacks, 6 before half Time set the tone, 230 yards on the ground, it's there defence players that stand out not to mention bosa, you would have to imagine a better team would have something for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Matt Moore's Chiefs go from 14-0 down to 17-14 up at half time on SNF.

The D has been surprisingly good and Mecole Hardman is making plays for the Legion of Zoom.

Advertisement