Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2019 in Revenue - Tax, Audit and Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭StevenToast

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Ya...i would imagine there was only a few vacancies (or none) in my counties and they have now been filled...

Therefore, They are now in a position to compile county panels.......so just a waiting game now....hopefully a few positions come up before Oct 2022!

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 44 darnoel

Oh thank goodness you heard back. It's been a long wait for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭LM4C

You never know people might not actually accept the position and then if ur top 5 you could get a late offer

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Orient1881

Anybody got a confirmed start date and contract yet?

• Advertisement

No. My employer needs to plan staffing. It's a bit awkward tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 25 RD29

The start dates are confirmed for either the 10th or 17th of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 manythanks21

Was hoping to have some word back last week from the vetting, getting close to the date I will need to be handing notice in. Sent everything over on the 2nd was with them on the 3rd there was an update on the tracker on the 13th but nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ChromeDreams

Got locl panel placing this morning. Am 2nd for Wexford!

• Advertisement

Brilliant. Well done you! I wonder do we get them even if we have already been offered a position. No sign here yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 aflockofcrows

The county panel placings are where you are in line for the next available positions, so if you've been offered a position you've already qualified from the panel, as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

If a candidate receives an OOM of let's say 5 in a particular location but 3 people are already placed in that region prior to OOM being released, is the candidate in essence OOM 8? Hope that makes sense

Hi Ollie yeah I think you're right in saying that. I'm no.2 on the Wexford local panel but I know three people who have been offered a place from the national panel before the local ones were released. In essence, we're the best of the rest! 😝

• Registered Users Posts: 33 clodagh2311

Has anyone received a contract yet? Also, does anyone know if revenue provide equipment for wfh? Laptop, screens, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 25 RD29

@clodagh2311 I was going to ask the same thing. It has been radio silence since the garda vetting and employment reference queries.

As far as I know, no contracts have been sent yet. A couple of people have made contact with the right people and had start dates of January 10th or 17th confirmed.

I work in Revenue already and any situation I've observed since the pandemic started is that you'll go to the office on your start date, get a laptop and whatever other bits you need and be sent home to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ShelbyInc

Does anyone have the inside scoop as to when the contracts will likely be issued? I would have thought pretty soon to align with the proposed start-dates.

I would say it could be into December until they issue contracts for the January starts. From their point of view there is no rush - once you get into the civil service you'll be used to this pace of delivery! You'll have a point of contact who will be the person you communicate with for everything in the lead up to your start.

Once contracts are issued, they want things back at lightning speed. There'll be loads of emails back and forth with multiple attachments over a few day period getting all the t's crossed and i's dotted.

Has anyone had any feedback on timelines etc after they were issued a local panel placing? I assume the positions will now be filled if and when they become available, but someone I know in Revenue reckons they will be busy hiring for a while yet with Audit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 H.P. Baxxter

What I was told with my placing was "The panel is currently active and candidates are being called on a demand led basis for each region."

I'm not sure whether active in this context means they're still actively drawing from it right now, or just that it's open until the advertised end date.

Just recieved Garda clearance update. 3 weeks to the day for anyone wondering. Everything else is verified so hopefully hear more soon and will update.

I'd say it means active in the sense that recruitment is still happening. The only terminology I've seen used for a panel still going on is "live".

• Registered Users Posts: 37 WackyShaqy

Hi all.

Just wondering about final stages. My Garda Vetting came back as completed, took 7 business days, and Revenue made contact with my employer yesterday. Does anyone know if Revenue will confirm they have completed all the steps necessary or will it simply be a case of waiting to hear something new re start date etc.

I'd say you'll get your contract offer and start date next!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Orient1881

My Garda check cleared 2 weeks ago and my current employer gave a reference at the same time.

After sending an email I received an update just over a week ago confirming I had passed the clearance process successfully and it is now a case of waiting for my selected region to confirm a start date to them.

They said as soon as they receive this date I would be informed and issued with my contract. So, just waiting now.....

Anybody else got any news?

Yeah very similar situation, I would imagine it will be this week that contracts need to be issued for a January start for most to give notice periods etc so with some luck we will know more very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 clodagh2311

Got a response this morning saying hopefully letter of assignment & contract will issue this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Kerry gold

Hi all, how long does the garda vetting take? I submitted mine over a week ago, and they seem not to have anything done with it according to the tracker.

Advertisement