Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Beers, October 27th or November 2nd

Options
  • 18-10-2019 6:19pm

Quickbeam is trying to garner some interest for this on Discord, I'm going to start the thread here for us non-Discord believers.

We're looking at the bank holiday Sunday night, October 27th. However, I see in the last beers thread that there was interest in running something on November 2nd.

If anyone would like to do something social on either of those nights, let us know.

It'll be Dublin and probably Oscars in Smithfield, unless that place has gone to fúck since my last beers in January.

Cheers :)

RtXOIOy.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

So..... Halloween beers! We all dress up as Baggly!!

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Yiz would be absolutely mad going out around that week in Dublin :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

In, either, both, it's grand.

Trigger wrote: »

Why? Even in Smithfield, a little out of the city?

Good point, we'd have to surely try and book something in advance, like book it early next week.

Still, it's a rare occasion for me to have a BH Sunday night off, so I'm going to try make this happen.

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    Why? Even in Smithfield, a little out of the city?

Yeah, Smithfield isn't really out of the city though. It would be as busy as most places further in. As Stu said, your beat bet would be to book somewhere

Yeah, Smithfield isn't really out of the city though. It would be as busy as most places further in. As Stu said, your beat bet would be to book somewhere

So, the important question, are you gonna come since you are the thread's joint-top contributor so far?? :D

Yeah, we can book Oscars. We practically have our own table atm.

Baggly said something about Oscars changing their chicken wings since I was last there?

Oh well, don't mind, My Meat Wagon is next door. I shared one of these a couple weeks ago before going into the Lighthouse to watch Joker...

U9mKauU.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Went to that place before and was disappointed.

• Advertisement

Chicken looks undercooked, and who the **** puts salad on a plate of meat!

As a great man once said....

tenor.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Baggly said something about Oscars changing their chicken wings since I was last there?

I had the BBQ ones the last time and they were gorgeous. But I may not be the wing connoisseur that you or Baggly are admittedly, I'd eat them from the local takeaway just to get a fix :pac:

They changed the chicken wings?

This is unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Oh well, don't mind, My Meat Wagon is next door. I shared one of these a couple weeks ago before going into the Lighthouse to watch Joker...

U9mKauU.jpg?1

The onion rings look like shît doughnuts.

Trigger and adox got private voice messages as replies to stop this thread going further off topic :pac:

Tusk...come for beers ya **** :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I think you lot are looking at my diary & seeing what days Ted can't make when deciding these.

:mad:

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I think you lot are looking at my diary & seeing what days Ted can't make when deciding these.

:mad:

Know the feeling Ted, I've missed the last 5-6 Beers because of date clashes myself.

Ted just needs a bit of Tippex on his diary and he’ll be grand for making it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Ted just needs a bit of Tippex on his diary and he’ll be grand for making it.

If only QB

Working on Bank Hol Monday, running on Sunday 3rd, so can't be up in Dub on Saturday night.

Table booked for 7pm on Sunday. We've 8-10 signed up at this stage from offline chat, so don't be shy and come along. Open to any FG regulars even if you've never played Werewolf.

• Advertisement

Table booked for 7pm on Sunday. We've 8-10 signed up at this stage from offline chat, so don't be shy and come along. Open to any FG regulars even if you've never played Werewolf.

I *may* be able to go for one or two.

That's great QB, looking forward to it and it'll hopefully be another great night.

Won't lie though - It's disappointing that FG is no longer the place to find these things out and organise them first hand.

Looks like no-one in forum games wants to drink with me!
    Always when I'm away....... :)

We have secret access to bubblypop's (and Ted's) diaries and specially arrange events when you can't go. But Shhhh, don't be telling anyone! :)

Won't lie though - It's disappointing that FG is no longer the place to find these things out and organise them first hand.

Ah, they work well in tandem.

As most sign-ups were offline, the rest of FG *may* have been thinking "I don't wanna be the only one signing up to that". I just wanted the rest of FG to know that there is a good crowd going and there shouldn't be fear to sign up on the basis of thinking they'll be the only ones there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

On the way to Oscar's now, just in case any last minute folk fancy joining this is your friendly reminder that beers be happening.

Great craic tonight folks. I enjoyed meeting a few FGers for the first time, but fúck that cheater game :pac:

Also, thanks to QB and Clara for a very appropriate engagement gift...

DMhZ3Ht.jpg?1

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

'good french stuff'

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

so....are we having beers tonight?

Advertisement