Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pulling With My Parents.

• 14-10-2019 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I'm not generally one for judging shows I haven't seen but I think its safe to say RTE have hit a low with this. The concept sounds tired and jaded, the trailer is headwrecking and as for the title.........why? Just why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Lesalare

I haven't seen it either but just googled it.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2019/1014/1083240-pulling-with-my-parents-dials-up-the-cringe-factor/

CRINGE.

On a side note: why on earth do kids who are in their early 20's esp. the second girl on this above trailer need anyone to help them to find a date? Aren't they in college/mixing with young people, hanging out with mates, going to clubs/bars etc...normal young stuff? What's this infatuation with young kids being on Tinder and such? Other than they feel it's the 'done' thing now and fear of missing out?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,112 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I too haven't seen it, and I didn't think it was much use either

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I also didn't see it and I thought it was the best thing since the Sopranos.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,021 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I saw a bit of it on Gogglebox. I'd say it's a nightmare. Basically one's desperate to get on TV

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Inadvertedly caught a bit of this a week or so ago. Awful muck but the worst thing of all is that horrible title, urgh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Its all about the parents trying to prove how trendy they are. Most of the contestants don`t seem to want to be there
    Awful stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭akelly02

the parents are worse

attention seeking curnts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭Glebee

I'm not generally one for judging shows I haven't seen but I think its safe to say RTE have hit a low with this. The concept sounds tired and jaded, the trailer is headwrecking and as for the title.........why? Just why?

Never say never with RTE

• A lower social strata..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Jaysus this is bad....this is bad..

But interesting that one of the mothers tonight is the owner of the matchmaker dating agency. Hear her on the radio. Why does he need to go on tv for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,332 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

There is a "celeb" version starting next Wednesday on RTE 2 at 9.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Tragic.

I can't believe they actually commissioned further episodes. I've watched it a couple of times just to see how terrible it is.

Advertisement