Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterproof options

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I sometimes wonder if a two piece suit is better than a one piece, any one piece suit that ever leaked came in through the crotch so it looked like I peed myself, the water runs down and pools in the crotch where the zipper is and that is not usually sealed.
    Two piece suits don't have a zip in the crotch just the sides of the legs and so water can't really leak through sealed material as easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Colm17RvB

sirmixalot wrote: »
    Well Colm17RvB, did you get a one piece, If you did I'd say you appreciated it this morning, grim out there to say the least...
    Nope! Let's just say I'm a bit cold this morning and have borrowed a towel from the canteen, I'm not leaving my desk today :o I think I might have it home and wash it after.

Megabikes didn't have my size in stock at the time, so just waiting on them to come in. Tick tock.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Banzai600

MB's stock the 2 pce i was talking about , one piece too much hassle unless doing a long stint in hard weather.

I tried the two piece on when I was in with them, it's nice, so was the Oxford Rainseal, but seeing as my crotch is soaked rotten this morning (again) I'll be going with the one piece!

I'm doing over 90km a day so one piece makes more sense for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sirmixalot

Colm17RvB wrote: »
    my crotch is soaked rotten this morning
    Not in a good way :)

• Advertisement

Fair enough

lindstrands far batter than the oxford imo, best out there ive found.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dbas

Cotter have the richa two piece outer wear. 60 for the set. Far better that the one piece I had from mega bikes before,
    But the main issue is the size. It has to be fairly big to go over your gear without ripping the seams as u get on/off the bike.
    Pissed rain from greystones to dublin 8 and I'm bone dry.

Got my one piece the other day, and have had 2 days of horrific rain since I got it, kept me bone dry so I'm happy out!

I should have got the XL instead of the L just for ease of getting it on and off, the L is perfect, but a bit frustrating putting it on.

sell the L size, take a hit on the cost and buy the one that fits.

this is why i went for a 2 piece, the lindstrands rain gear is exceptional kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sirmixalot

Colm17RvB wrote: »
    Got my one piece the other day, and have had 2 days of horrific rain since I got it, kept me bone dry so I'm happy out!

I should have got the XL instead of the L just for ease of getting it on and off, the L is perfect, but a bit frustrating putting it on.

Good stuff, things I learned while gimping up in that suit.
    1. Sit while putting it on (more frustrating standing)
    2. Put boots on after if possible (the rubber always causes friction with material inside)
    3. Boot covers help if leaving boots on first and getting into suit after

• Advertisement

Also don't wear them if it's not raining, they're bloody sweat suits!

There's another lad in the office who was slagging me the other day over my Michelin Man suit, but he came in today a drowned rat. He might have changed his tune after that, so potential buyer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

sirmixalot wrote: »
    Good stuff, things I learned while gimping up in that suit.
    1. Sit while putting it on (more frustrating standing)
    2. Put boots on after if possible (the rubber always causes friction with material inside)
    3. Boot covers help if leaving boots on first and getting into suit after
    A plastic shopping bag over your boot will ease putting it on .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

zubair wrote: »
    Gore tex laminate Is well reviewed but for it to last 10 years it would mean you'd have to keep the bike upright for 10 years too. Because it's the outer layer I'd imagine it's one use when it comes to impacts/ accidents. With a high denier outer layer your jacket is more likely to survive an accident. That was something I considered anyway when looking at goretex options.

You can't go wrong with Rukka or Richa, I'd get the cheaper of the 2 unless one has a particular feature you really want but both would be equally waterproof.

Seems a decent price. They normally have a black Friday sale. Any current discount codes going around?
    https://www.motorcycleshop.ie/richa-atlantic-gore-tex-jacket-black-58330-p.asp

Would you pic the above or https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_IE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/Rukka-Armocy-Motorcycle-Textile-Jacket/SubProducts/Rukka-Armocy-Motorcycle-Textile-Jacket-0001

I find it really hard to to distinguish between Rukka jacket versions.
    The Armocy only shows up on the fc-moto website. Its a variation of the Armaxis that came out in 2014. Is the Armocy a newer updated version?

Or if you had a budget of 1k. What would you go for....Must be Gore tex laminate though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

The Armocy only shows up on the fc-moto website. Its a variation of the Armaxis that came out in 2014. Is the Armocy a newer updated version?

Or if you had a budget of 1k. What would you go for....Must be Gore tex laminate though.

Website says it's exclusive. Probably the same thing but with some minor changes.

I know most people consider A* a mid range brand but I think their gear is great and lasts forever, have always been impressed by anything I bought. I'd save some of my 1k for petrol money or gloves, which I go though at an astonishing rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Website says it's exclusive. Probably the same thing but with some minor changes.

I know most people consider A* a mid range brand but I think their gear is great and lasts forever, have always been impressed by anything I bought. I'd save some of my 1k for petrol money or gloves, which I go though at an astonishing rate.

Do you always buy the same gloves?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Do you always buy the same gloves?

I don't think I've ever bought the same type twice. The current ones are in their second winter and are doing OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

I don't think I've ever bought the same type twice. The current ones are in their second winter and are doing OK.

A good man to ask in future so.

Advertisement