Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room to Improve (v2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

physioman wrote: »
    Friend of mine grew up without a mother's influence because his mother died in childbirth. Didn't get taunted.

Bet you he didn't have two gay dad's though.

No but then dont mention a mother's influence and just say you're a homophobe.

Kids are usually more tolerant than you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,855 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Saw them bringing in windows at the bit where they showed the work starting early on
    They were for the extension though.

Front windows (that they were giving out about at the start) didn't look like they'd been changed. And the 240K final cost would suggest that they didn't get the grant (unless they went completely mad on the spending in the end, which actually wouldn't surprise me either!)

joe_99 wrote: »
    It's only a door...small area, small heat loss.

They didn't change the windows either

You sure? Was sure I saw them bringing in windows at the start. Frames look new on the pics I saw on Twitter as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Pity about the politics in here.

Nice to see that some people fight back against the white minimalism that Dermot loves. It was a bit queer eye for the straight architect (guy) at the end there.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,973 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That's why I voted no in the gay marriage referendum. The poor lad doesn't stand a chance. Just wrong without a mother influence. Not fair on the poor lad. He will get taunted
    I think you are underestimating kids they are pretty accepting of diversity.
    Also the gay marriage referendum changed feck all about adoption
    https://www.thejournal.ie/same-sex-marriage-referendum-geoffrey-shannon-2097220-May2015/

But hey it passed in spite of some people, I can now marry my partner of 7 years in 2 weeks time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Suddenly declared a homophobe because I believe that a child needs a mother and father as parents. Hilarious. What exactly can a man teach his child about how a woman feels?

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Saw them bringing in windows at the bit where they showed the work starting early on
    They were for the extension though.

Front windows (that they were giving out about at the start) didn't look like they'd been changed. And the 240K final cost would suggest that they didn't get the grant (unless they went completely mad on the spending in the end, which actually wouldn't surprise me either!)

Ah yes the extension forgot about those sure.

Could be that they left front and replaced back windows.

They did say they got an A3...

This!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The kitchen in <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/roomtoimprove?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw&quot;&gt;#roomtoimprove&lt;/a&gt; was like the morgue in silent witness</p>— Skip Goose (@Skip_goose) <a href=" 13, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js&quot; charset="utf-8"></script>

Ah FFS!

From Twitter -

"The kitchen in RTI was like the morgue in Silent Witness"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I think he said he just likes religious art. Not because it's religious but the style. Nothing symbolic about sticking it to Catholic Ireland

It’s not in any way aesthetically pleasing. It’s only attractive to Catholics. We’ll have to agree to disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Anyone any pics???

Missed last 20 minutes so didn't see the finished product so to speak.

• Advertisement

Suddenly declared a homophobe because I believe that a child needs a mother and father as parents. Hilarious. What exactly can a man teach his child about how a woman feels?

That's not what you said though. When I said a friend wasn't taunted despite losing his mother at childbirth, so only had a male influence, you said he didn't have two gay dads.

So no, you're not just saying a child needs a mother and a father.

At least just own your belief here.

splinter65 wrote: »
    It’s not in any way aesthetically pleasing. It’s only attractive to Catholics. We’ll have to agree to disagree.
    To you. It might be to him, though.

The wallpaper wasn't aesthetically pleasing to Dermot, or half the posters on here, but it was to them.

splinter65 wrote: »
    I think he said he just likes religious art. Not because it's religious but the style. Nothing symbolic about sticking it to Catholic Ireland

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you. It's just what he said himself at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

That poor child will get terrorised in school for having two white gay dads. Unless of course he's home or private schooled

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭eggerb

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

It seems there is a trend with Dermot and roofs lol, they are his Achilles heel .

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

Ah, here, someone report those posts referring to kid or two dads.

Despicable

gmisk wrote: »
    I think you are underestimating kids they are pretty accepting of diversity.
    Also the gay marriage referendum changed feck all about adoption
    https://www.thejournal.ie/same-sex-marriage-referendum-geoffrey-shannon-2097220-May2015/

But hey it passed in spite of some people, I can now marry my partner of 7 years in 2 weeks time.

Thanks for the article link. Great to see that only 2% of adoptions were placed with same sex couples. I believe everyone is entitled to happiness and love but when it comes to children it has to be a selfless act, in that you have to have children for the child's sake not because you want a child. I'm sure the child will get love from the lads but will soon start to ask questions about why he has two fathers and where his mother is? Just feel sorry for the poor lad.

All the best with your marriage and i hope you have years of happiness

Andrew00 wrote: »
    That poor child will get terrorised in school for having two white gay dads. Unless of course he's home or private schooled
    Kids are generally pretty accepting, what makes you so certain? I know gay couples with kids some in rural areas, some Urban they have had zero issues in schools in relation to their parents. I think you are underestimating how accepting of diversity kids are these days, thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: physioman / Andrew00 - no more posting here tonight please. Many MANY reported posts about both of you in the last hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

^ Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,870 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Andrew00 wrote: »

https://images.app.goo.gl/67FGWv8pCVLF9cMP7

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭ScallionAyter

Lisha wrote: »
    If people didn’t think like you then he wouldn’t get taunted.
    Kids generally are pretty accepting of people in my experience, their parents can be less so

https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Two-Buttons.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Ah folks let's get back on track. This is the Room to Improve thread - no room for other nonsense. Live and let live. Wishing yourself and your partner many years of happiness Gmisk.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,265 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Kids are generally pretty accepting, what makes you so certain? I know gay couples with kids some in rural areas, some Urban they have had zero issues in schools in relation to their parents. I think you are underestimating how accepting of diversity kids are these days, thankfully

I'll be honest I think the man issues for Noah will be,
    Finding something in the kitchen.
    Finding a comfortable chair.
    Learning to spell Gustav's surname ''van der Westhuizen ''.

That's not what you said though. When I said a friend wasn't taunted despite losing his mother at childbirth, so only had a male influence, you said he didn't have two gay dads.

So no, you're not just saying a child needs a mother and a father.

At least just own your belief here.

Mod: Don't ignore me.

Mod: Don't engage with threadbanned user.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭memorystick

A boring show with boring people. The two guys will probably be interviewed next week on Tubricky talking about their ‘journey’ to source a child to “crying” in the car. What a load of rubbish. I betcha they asked Dermot to go on his knees that time to show how ‘fun’ we can be.

Bring back Glenroe and scrap this shît.

Mod: Don't engage with threadbanned user.
    I did not see that, I was typing a response my apologies.

Anyway back to the show.
    I thought the house was a tad bonkers and not for me at all, but they got what they wanted which is great why else go on the show!
    I preferred the less mad rooms (the kids bedroom and the guest rooms)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,265 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

There was a joke story line a few years ago when Sally got a funny lucky sofa by mistake. She was really impressed tough when she found out it was designer.
    It reminded me of tonight's!
    maxresdefault.jpg

Advertisement