Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room to Improve (v2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

only a fool would funnel the water into the middle of the building.
    why didnt he put another wall outside so that you have 2 cavities and hide a pipe in the outside one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

There is no way the tender had three quotes and all came within 5k of each other. You might expect that on a job of say 100k not 600k.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

The builder should have his name and logo everywhere. Very little branding involved, bit of a missed opportunity

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭appledrop

griffinlee wrote: »
    His Neighbours house is on daft for 1.7mill

Ah yea but will it sell? You can put any price on a house. Doesnt mean it's worth it. They probably have notions now Dermot has moved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The state of that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

What Boll**, why does he need to go visiting the UK,,,,,othing like a semi friggin D....!

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Did Dermot get some work done, or some botox just before this part (week 3)? His eyes look a bit suspect!

I thought the same when I last saw him on the late late show, I’d say RTE have a deal with some cosmetic clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,991 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

All the wood must have cost a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

It's a mad price. Bet the water runs into the kitchen within a year

• Registered Users Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Right...my friends used the same builder at roughly the same time as they did the work here.
    The build went relatively smoothly and the programme editors wanted there to be drama for the TV. Unfortunately for them pretty much everything went to plan with no upsets.

• Advertisement

Charlie19 wrote: »
    There is no way the tender had three quotes and all came within 5k of each other. You might expect that on a job of say 100k not 600k.

not nessiserally. if everything wasa specced in every detail then it could easily happen. lads like dermot are ocd about details so it wouldnt suprise me if the spec was insanily detailed

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

What is it about windows NEVER arriving on time....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

All the wood must have cost a fortune.

The Sultan was paying, money no object.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Belkin1975

Did Dermot get some work done, or some botox just before this part (week 3)? His eyes look a bit suspect!

Thank God it’s not only me. Maybe he is going to have a Botox room like the houses he looked at in LA? I still can’t get over how much the house will cost when finished??

I’ve had 6 cups of tea watching this so far

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

No dog

sad face

• Registered Users Posts: 81,991 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's a little like going to a Formula 1 car designer and asking him what spark plugs to fit in your 1 litre Ford Fiesta.

I'd love to know who decides a flute like this fella gets to be on tv, hes an awful dose

• Registered Users Posts: 15,925 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

honeybear wrote: »
    Suddenly I’m loving my own little abode

Lovely comment, and resonates with me also.

Still, it seems that many, myself included cannot help commenting on others choices, but if they put themselves out there what can we do, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

This just seems like pretentious celtic tiger notions.

1.5 mil on a semi-D that had to be gutted and rebuilt. Not an eye blinked when the budget nearly doubles.

Seems distasteful to have this on prime time RTE when people are struggling to pay their rent each month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭appledrop

Wtf has a convention centre got to do with a semi-di?

Love the way he told Dermot he would never do his own house. That burst Dermots bubble.

Meanwhile Dermot flapping around wasting time with his hero architect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Looking at the Diggers etc they are all brand new never done any work before so free equipment just show the diggerds name

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Dermot acting like a star struck teenager !! Gods sake lad

i like this fancy guy dermot is talking to. he is asking hard questions and is keeping dermots ego in check. dermot is usually so full of confidence and enthusiastic to show off his ideas. he is very sheeping and quiet here.

I was hoping that architect would about his plans “jayus Dermot that’s dreadful”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

What is it about windows NEVER arriving on time....

It helps when you actually order them!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

i like this fancy guy dermot is talking to. he is asking hard questions and is keeping dermots ego in check. dermot is usually so full of confidence and enthusiastic to show off his ideas. he is very sheeping and quiet here.

Never meet your heroes!

He is lacking a soundboard in the show. His architect buddy is no good as he is an....architect. The show really needs a non architect, engineer...... i.e. his wifes input is sorely lacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

I don’t think I’d ever knowingly go for a pint with an architect

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Never meet your heroes!

He is lacking a soundboard in the show. His architect buddy is no good as he is an....architect. The show really needs a non architect, engineer...... i.e. his wifes input is sorely lacking.

he was very snide to camera about his builder not immediately agreeing with him about keeping the internal doors- like he has to have cheerleaders instead of professionals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I'd imagine young kids in school and involved in sports clubs a big factor in staying around Drumcondra. Very difficult to move further afield in that instance.

Drumcondra is a fairly leafy area.

Looks like there is a school opposite his house

Advertisement