Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turkish forces have started bombing and attacking Kurdish people in Syria

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Odhinn

crashadder wrote: »
    yeah take half-truths and spin spin spin!!
    This is blatantly incorrect .
    There is a state owned TV channel which is Kurdish only. TRT Kurdi. watch live if you want . http://www.trt.net.tr/anasayfa/canli.aspx?y=tv&k=trt6
    One of the top University has a Kurdish major. https://ts.sabanciuniv.edu/en/courses/language-courses
    I dont know what is worse. Ignorance or lying

I am not saying that Turkey is fully innocent and that there is no conflict with Kurds. All i am trying to clarify on this thread is that Turkey is not targeting Kurds in Syria. When Greece are moaning about 10 thousand refugees , Turkey is home to 4 million of them . 10% are Syrian Kurds. as much as i hate the guy, Erdogan is not stupid to target Kurds in Syria when there are 15 million of them at home. Why would he want to provoke them ? oh wait. maybe the thats exactly what terrorist want to achieve right ? If it is Kurds who Turkey attacks in Syria then England attacked Irish not IRA. Kurds defeated Arabs not ISIS.

.......you might want to check that out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Odhinn wrote: »

Get the feeling were on to a wind up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

That shouldnt be a problem right ? 400 thousand of them are Syrian Kurds too. That would be humane thing to do. Take them . You are expecting Trump to help ? Thats sad.

Yes let them all into Europe. Only a 1% population increase. Trump has begun to sanction Turkey. It's not enough. But if he sends in troops he will be wrong , if he does nothing he is wrong. Lol

Drop a nuke down Ergodans chimney

What do you think trump should do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Yes let them all into Europe. Only a 1% population increase. Trump has begun to sanction Turkey. It's not enough. But if he sends in troops he will be wrong , if he does nothing he is wrong. Lol

Protect the U.S. allies. Bit late now mind. If the Kurds find oil he'll change his tune the greasy f***.

Protect the U.S. allies. Bit late now mind. If the Kurds find oil he'll change his tune the greasy f***.

Troops back to the middle East it is so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ollkiller

How about not create the situation in the first place. Such a clem of a leader. Extra kudos for his actions leading to ISIS fighters escaping. America **** yeah.

ollkiller wrote: »
    How about not create the situation in the first place. Such a clem of a leader. Extra kudos for his actions leading to ISIS fighters escaping. America **** yeah.

Yeah it's all trumps fault. Everything is

Yeah it's all trumps fault. Everything is

Look buck. I couldn't give a flying hoot what the last guy or whoever was in charge before did blah blah blah. I live in the present. And in the present Trump created this predicament so ya I do blame Trump for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭crashadder

Odhinn wrote: »
    check what exactly. state owned Kurdish channel or the University major ? Theres no such law in Turkey.

check what exactly. state owned Kurdish channel or the University major ? Theres no such law in Turkey.

You might tell Turkey that. They think there is.

The most recent example of this is a decision reached by the Eighth Chamber of the Council of the State on June 14, 2007 to remove the mayor of the Sur district of Diyarbakır, Abdullah Demirbaş, and the members of the municipal council. Endorsing the decision made by the interior minister, the high court ruled in October 2006 that giving information on various municipal services such as culture, art, environment, city cleaning and health in languages other than Turkish is against the Constitution, removing the people in question from office.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20070930181201/http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detaylar.do?load=detay&link=115171&bolum=109

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Troops back to the middle East it is so.

He's only after sending troops back to the Middle East though. Just to Saudi Arabia for some reason.

Fact is, if those few special troops stayed, none of this would happen. He's responsible.

He's only after sending troops back to the Middle East though. Just to Saudi Arabia for some reason.

Fact is, if those few special troops stayed, none of this would happen. He's responsible.

The idea that the us is obligated to permanently station troops in the middle East is ridiculous.

Obama was lauded for removing troops. Blame Turkey. The lads doing the bombing

Look buck. I couldn't give a flying hoot what the last guy or whoever was in charge before did blah blah blah. I live in the present. And in the present Trump created this predicament so ya I do blame Trump for this.

I blame turkey. The guys doing the attacking and bombing

The idea that the us is obligated to permanently station troops in the middle East is ridiculous.
    That's their own fault too. Can't go in, blow up the gaf and then run away claiming you've nothing to do with it.

That's their own fault too. Can't go in, blow up the gaf and then run away claiming you've nothing to do with it.

Yeah the middle East was a peaceful place until the Us came to town.
    They are out now and should remain out. If the world actually cares as much as people seem to think then why aren't these countries taking any action against Turkey?

It's all Trumps fault sure. This is all about point scoring against Trump. Nobody really cares about the middle East or the Kurds.

It's all Trumps fault sure. This is all about point scoring against Trump. Nobody really cares about the middle East or the Kurds.

Speak for yourself there lad. What you can't seem to comprehend is that in this instance Trumps action of pulling out the troops caused this situation. That's not points scoring. That's a fact.

Speak for yourself there lad. What you can't seem to comprehend is that in this instance Trumps action of pulling out the troops caused this situation. That's not points scoring. That's a fact.

So you feel that the Us is obligated to permanently deploy troops in the Middle East?

Is Turkey not at fault here? Who is doing the bombing? Who is ordering soldiers to attack the Kurds?

It's Turkey attacking the Kurds! Where is your outrage towards Turkey!
    Blinded by your Trump hatred

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Gatling wrote: »
    Putin pulling the strings I said previously the only way turkey would go after the Kurds was if trump pulled us troops aside to allow the Turks to wipe out the Kurds a job the Russians and assad couldn't do ..

This is up there with the betrayal of polish forces at the end of WW2 at the behest of Stalin

Hyperbole and nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭jackboy

What you can't seem to comprehend is that in this instance Trumps action of pulling out the troops caused this situation. That's not points scoring. That's a fact.

There is truth in that. However, no other country in the west volunteered to replace those troops, which they could have done. The west in general has not taken decisive action in Syria. Russia has and they have achieved a lot of their aims.

No country in the west gives a damn about the Kurds.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Oh vladibator

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

So many ways it could go from here, but if I were blindly optimistic I might hope for:

An agreement between Syria, Turkey and Russia for this operation which removes western presence from the region.

Syrian forces regain NE territory; negotiations with kurds regarding administration to follow.

Turkey happy to rid NE of kurdish forces.
    Syria happy to regain territorial integrity.
    Russia happy with removing Western presence.

And it's endgame of Syrian conflict.
    New constitution of Syria is established.
    Democratic elections happen by agreed framework (I'm pushing it)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Nah, I think all that bluster from the US and EU, even China or UN is irrelevant.

This is between Syria, Turkey and Russia now.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Turkey and Syria could Leave the big towns be, just cut them off from each other. They wouldn't survive with out outside help.

I wouldn't believe any word from Turkey.

I watched one of their representatives on France 24 the other night saying that they would stay away from certain cities, but by the next day their proxy militia was already attacking one of those towns.

They even struck near the US base near kobane the other day.

Limpy wrote: »
    Turkey and Syria could Leave the big towns be, just cut them off from each other. They wouldn't survive with out outside help.

Yeah, there is this road that connects all the towns there, below that is mainly desert.

There is also this spillover into Kurdish Iraq to the east.

Refugees are already crossing into the area there, but possibly escaped ISIS too.

The fact of this assholes ability to impact on the lives of others is both sickening and terrifying.

Donald Trump has hailed his decision to withdraw US troops in Syria, paving way for a Turkish offensive, as “strategically brilliant”, declaring that the Kurds he had abandoned were “much safer now” and were anyway “not angels”.
    The president’s remarks contradicted the official assessment of both the state and defence departments that the Turkish offensive was a disaster for regional stability and the fight against Isis.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/oct/16/trump-claims-kurds-are-much-safer-as-us-troops-leave-syria

He's actually gone and called the Kurds worse than ISIS.

• Advertisement

Erdogan said today that he will never stop and that any country who sanctions Turkey will lose.

But you all are whinging about Trump. Wake up

Advertisement