Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Custom fitting for fairways and hybrids?

  • 08-10-2019 3:40pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭ Season 2


    Is there anywhere in Ireland that has a good selection of fairway woods and hybrids for fitting.

    It can be an area of the bag that is difficult to get right.


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ BraveDonut


    I was fit for a hybrid in McGuirks Leopardstown. The bigger shop, not the one at the driving range.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭ Season 2


    BraveDonut wrote: »
    I was fit for a hybrid in McGuirks Leopardstown. The bigger shop, not the one at the driving range.

    Did they have a good selection of hybrids to try.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,308 ✭✭✭✭ prawnsambo


    Season 2 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in Ireland that has a good selection of fairway woods and hybrids for fitting.

    It can be an area of the bag that is difficult to get right.
    Also Halpenny in Carrickmines. Friend of mine went in for a fitting session, told them he wouldn't be buying clubs, but was willing to pay for it. Did Driver, fairway and irons with him for €25. And told him he could get that back off any clubs he bought later.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭ Season 2


    prawnsambo wrote: »
    Also Halpenny in Carrickmines. Friend of mine went in for a fitting session, told them he wouldn't be buying clubs, but was willing to pay for it. Did Driver, fairway and irons with him for €25. And told him he could get that back off any clubs he bought later.

    That's good value for 25 euro.


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭ slave1


    Whatever or wherever you end up, please make it a place with an outdoor hitting area, hitting into a net is a big waste of time IMHO


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ BraveDonut


    They had a great selection of woods and Hybrids in McGuirks.
    Cost of fitting was included in the price of the club.
    I hit lots of balls into a screen with trackman.
    I was very happy with the whole experience


Advertisement