Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New & IMPROVED TV Theme Quiz

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Well the only way to try and avoid the wooden spoon IMO is to get more people entered who might not know as many.

I might yet award a wooden spoon for each category, so who knows we could have 7 winners and 7 wooden spoons, just hopefully not 1 person getting all 7. :D

No need, I've already entered.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

quickbeam wrote: »
    No need, I've already entered.

I'll see if anyone worse ( not saying you are the worse so far ) might enter with a shameless plug on the TV battle thread. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

Here from the greatest TV show thread...love this! Round one in and extremely confident with it.....all those weekends glued to the sport on a Saturday during the 80's has finally paid off!!

Definitely showing my age, had a first run through the rest of the rounds, definitely gets much harder as the years go up...I might have 2 tops from the 2010's ones ffs

irishejit wrote: »
    Definitely showing my age, had a first run through the rest of the rounds, definitely gets much harder as the years go up...I might have 2 tops from the 2010's ones ffs

Yeah gets tougher as you get more recent, probably because Amazon and Netflix started producing their own shows and some people may not have Netflix or Amazon and unless they get picked up by main stream TV might not get well known.

• Advertisement

Hopefully I'll get to this 2moro! Not feeling confident......

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

My answers are in. Marking the later shouldn't shouldn't take up too much of your time. :pac:

Yeah gets tougher as you get more recent, probably because Amazon and Netflix started producing their own shows and some people may not have Netflix or Amazon and unless they get picked up by main stream TV might not get well known.

What doesn't help too, and I'm awfully guilty of this, is the ability to skip intros now.

I'll listen to the theme tune the first and last episode of a series, but rest of the time I'll skip it to get straight to the action.

irishejit wrote: »
    What doesn't help too, and I'm awfully guilty of this, is the ability to skip intros now.

I'll listen to the theme tune the first and last episode of a series, but rest of the time I'll skip it to get straight to the action.

Even worse when you're only given 15 seconds of it, to try get the brain cells engaged.

Entries So Far

Cathmandooo R1
    Kolido R1 R2 R3 R4 R5 R6 R7
    QuickBeam R1 R2 R3 R4 R5 R6 R7
    sKeith R1 R2 R3 R4 R5 R6 R7
    Strawberry Milkshake R1 R2 R3 R4
    irishejit R1
    Zaph R1 R2 R3 R4 R5 R6 R7
    TedYNWA R1 R2 R3 R4 R5 R6 R7

Under 2 weeks to go and looking like the shortest reveal thread record is under threat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I will be entering :)

Pretty sure im 10/10 for the sport and 1/10 for the rest so far :P

I’ll get the final rounds to you this evening. There’s a few that are on the tip of my tongue that’s what delayed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

It will take you about 2 mins to check my answers, more blanks than anything else.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    It will take you about 2 mins to check my answers, more blanks than anything else.

Ooooh, a rival for the wooden spoon!

My answers only took 90 seconds to check. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

The last 3 decades was very difficult, think I did ok in the other 4 rounds.

No4 from 2000s has been driving me insane for days. I can’t take it anymore!

PM sent :D

Entries So Far updated

Cathmandooo R1
    Strawberry Milkshake R1 R2 R3 R4 R5 R6 R7
    irishejit R1 R2 R3 R4 R5 R6 R7
    Electric Nitwit R1

Under 2 weeks to go and looking like the shortest reveal thread record is under threat

Rounds on the way....stumped now and can do no more no matter how many times I listen through.

Maddening too as there are a couple I know I'll be kicking myself about....., strong start I think...then wobble...good mid section, and then down into the abyss we go!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Just sent in round one, few guesses!

I currently hadn't 0/10 on round two, I'll try to improve that before sending it in :p

The only round I have any confidence in is sports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I'm top of the board? Wohooo!!

I'll have a lot more free time next week, my answers will be winging their way then

I took a quick listen to rounds 2 and 3, answers will be interesting...

Entries So Far updated

Cathmandooo R1 R2 R3 R4 R5 R6 R7
    Electric Nitwit R1

Four days to go and looking like the shortest reveal thread record is under threat

Cathmandooo and Electric Nitwit in the running for overall wooden spoon unless they get the rest of their entries in :D

Entries So Far updated

Cathmandooo R1
    Electric Nitwit R1

Four days to go and looking like the shortest reveal thread record is under threat

Cathmandooo and Electric Nitwit in the running for overall wooden spoon unless they get the rest of their entries in :D

I do love a wooden spoon :D

I'm on it I'm on it!

I promise I will complete this on my overtime tomorrow evening :)

Submitted at last, found that pretty hard but enjoyed it, still aiming for that wooden spoon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

When's cut off spooker?

tusk wrote: »
    When's cut off spooker?

Sticking with 20th October at the moment. Reveal might depend on SouthPark WW.

I have until the end of tomorrow, right ?

because I'm a broken man right now trying to think of some of them. I'm not going to win, but I really dont want to submit until I get all the ones I should know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I had more blanks than a Russian Roulette challenge

• Advertisement

Got the two I wanted.

Reckon I'm a solid mid table :D

Entry on the way

Advertisement