Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Stock To Study: Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA)

  • 01-10-2019 12:17pm
    #1
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Jim2007


    This is not a recommendation nor a stock pick, but a suggestion for further research.

    Reasons why this one might be worth a further look:
    - Yield 3.3%, above the market average.
    - The company has a long history of returning cash to shareholders, paying its dividend since 1933 and raising this payment in each of the last 44 years.
    - The company operates or has an equity interest in 18,500 pharmacies
    - It is the largest retail pharmacy, health and daily living destination across the U.S. and Europe.
    - Revenue has increased at a 12.7% annual rate of growth over the last five years
    - Based on its current dividend yield and price-earnings ratio, the stock is trading at historically low valuation levels.
    - During the first nine months of fiscal-year 2019, it has returned nearly $5.0 billion to shareholders (over $1.2 billion in dividends and $3.7 billion in share repurchases).

    Observations and valuations....


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ Mach 3


    This stock is getting a little bit of love the last few sessions. Early buyers laughing after today's news. Expect more as this gets pumped by MSM outlets(later). Takes out last month's high and then some. Imho.


  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ Mach 3


    Jim, I don't know if this is a stand alone thread or is it going to morph into a "Stock to study" thread (hopefully quality not quantity). Which jogged the mind to a stock that was earmarked a few years back.... Hugo Boss

    https://group.hugoboss.com/en/investors/share/share-price-performance

    As you can see a nice tasty return over the last twenty years. Valuations is far from my strong points so I'll leave that to others.(Only worth what people will pay for it).
    Observations:
    - strong historical dividend since inception.
    - Products are affordable, respectable and liked by many.
    - profit warnings .
    - investment in upgrading stores. Ergo probability of lasting another 25 years.
    - African, Asian, and Latino America still largely unexploited (back to affordability).
    - Share price is like January sales - 40% off( back to yield to price ratio)!
    Disclaimer in post #1 applies.


  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭✭ XMG


    WBA along with several others have exposure to opioid litigation. The only consideration I’d give it and the likes of TEVA etc would be short biased until it’s all sorted out


  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ Mach 3


    XMG wrote: »
    WBA along with several others have exposure to opioid litigation. The only consideration I’d give it and the likes of TEVA etc would be short biased until it’s all sorted out

    Quarterly results out this evening.

    Edit: Conference Call Script...
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/4299611-walgreens-boots-alliance-inc-wba-ceo-stefano-pessina-q4-2019-results-earnings-call-transcript


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭ Cute Hoor


    Good call Jim, up around 15% since you posted, rumours today of it being taken private.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ Mach 3


    Mach 3 wrote: »
    Jim, I don't know if this is a stand alone thread or is it going to morph into a "Stock to study" thread (hopefully quality not quantity). Which jogged the mind to a stock that was earmarked a few years back.... Hugo Boss

    https://group.hugoboss.com/en/investors/share/share-price-performance

    As you can see a nice tasty return over the last twenty years. Valuations is far from my strong points so I'll leave that to others.(Only worth what people will pay for it).
    Observations:
    - strong historical dividend since inception.
    - Products are affordable, respectable and liked by many.
    - profit warnings .
    - investment in upgrading stores. Ergo probability of lasting another 25 years.
    - African, Asian, and Latino America still largely unexploited (back to affordability).
    - Share price is like January sales - 40% off( back to yield to price ratio)!
    Disclaimer in post #1 applies.

    Up nearly 25% and rising since posting analysis. Fairly reliable when asked to deliver:cool:. Anyone else got a stock to study? No pressure...


  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Jim2007


    Mach 3 wrote: »
    Up nearly 25% and rising since posting analysis. Fairly reliable when asked to deliver:cool:. Anyone else got a stock to study? No pressure...

    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112243483


  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ Mach 3


    Jim2007 wrote: »

    RE: Collins Foods Ltd. (CKF)

    I find this a nice entry point, others may wait for confirmation on the weekly close.


  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ Mach 3


    Noble Midstream Partners LP (NBLX)

    Worth a look if anyone wants exposure to the dip in the Oil market.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ Mach 3


    Walgreens Boots Alliance

    Hugo Boss

    Collins Foods Ltd.

    Noble Midstream Partners LP

    Small portfolio of four picks first started 2 and a half years ago.

    Anyone that Dollar Cost Averaged in (while they could, Noble got taken over), would have done quit well for themselves (To be fair most DCA would have done well over the last 2.5 years).

    Anymore to add to the list?



Advertisement