Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to keep the game

Options
  • 01-10-2019 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

After a few years of a lot of golf being played and getting down to 5 I'm facing a few years of minimal to no golf. Played a bit this year but with the little one I've gone out to 7. So the question is whats the best tips or advice to keep the game tipping over. I don't have the time to play more than a round or so a month.

Is it just go to range once a month and bash a basket away?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Finlay Harp

AhHaor wrote: »
    After a few years of a lot of golf being played and getting down to 5 I'm facing a few years of minimal to no golf. Played a bit this year but with the little one I've gone out to 7. So the question is whats the best tips or advice to keep the game tipping over. I don't have the time to play more than a round or so a month.

Is it just go to range once a month and bash a basket away?

Range helps. Could you join a society or look at an open midweek in other courses in you area?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

A society would be a good way to keep you hand in. It would get you out once a month, playing a range of courses and you wouldn't have to pay a membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

It's difficult.

#1 Enjoy your time with the little one. Go out and do fun things.

Get a putting matt at home. Involve the little one, Eg (s)he collects the golf balls & passes them back. When you play less it the short game that suffers the most.

If possible, take the odd day off work for a game.

Word is that future handicap changes coming in are going to make handicaps much more volatile so keeping that 5hc may prove very difficult. Enjoy the challenge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Yeah loads of time to play golf in the future,enjoy the little one, dump the big membership fee wherever that may be and go Pay&Play or just play society golf,Boards golf society would be perfect for you.The year is mapped out for you mostly every 3rd Saturday of the month from Feb to Sept so you can arrange the days with the other half in advance with great courses and members of all standards of golf who make you feel welcome and have great craic..

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

A 9 hole course membership might be something to consider if you have any in your area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement