Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone been to rehab?

Options
  • 28-09-2019 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Anyone been to rehab in Ireland for alcohol addiction? Did it work and how much was it?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 439 ✭✭FutureTeashock

Cloneegirl wrote: »
    Anyone been to rehab in Ireland for alcohol addiction? Did it work and how much was it?

I just did a quick google and it appears to cost around 300 quid per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

My bf was in rehab at cuan mhuire, he was too sick (from drink) to work at the time so he was on the dole. What happens is if you are on the dole, you organise it (they explain over the phone how to) and the dole is paid to them but there's a little left over for yourself which is kept by them unless you need it for something in the wee shop they have. In return you get your meals, a bed, shower facilities etc etc. And the most important thing, the rehab. It was the best thing he ever did. He was a shell going in and it's taken time but two years on he's back drivin, working etc. Still has his down days but he knows now why, it's a long road but each day it gets better. Saved his life. If you are not on the dole I'm not sure how it works but I presume the cost would be similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Con62

Yes ... went to a treatment center ... best decision I have ever made

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mumo3

My father was in Cuain Mhuire in Athy a number of times, he seemed to be doing great and loving life each time I visited but I found he just came out knowing how to be sneaker about his drinking....but he went in each time because he'd pushed the family over the edge, so I dont think he ever did it for himself more to just appease us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Cloneegirl wrote: »

this ongoing AMA might be the best place to ask your questions. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058018574

From reading the thread, the former addict highly rates https://www.coolmine.ie/ and it seems to be covered by health insurance if you've got that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement