Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Terminator FPS game (Terminator: Resistance)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Going to imagine there's going to be a severe lack of variation of the enemy... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

sugarman wrote: »
    Looks like something from the mid 00s released for the 360 / PS3.

No kidding, look at the front of that Lorry @ 0:44. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 axlmac

Gameplay looks average. But I love the time it's set in. I always wished they did a film set post judgement day and nuclear holocaust instead of the **** they've created to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

axlmac wrote: »
    Gameplay looks average. But I love the time it's set in. I always wished they did a film set post judgement day and nuclear holocaust instead of the **** they've created to date.

They did, Terminator Salvation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

They did, Terminator Salvation.

I enjoyed that film.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Almost all Terminator games have been dreadful, the only one I remember enjoying was Future Shock for DOS. It was like Doom / Doom 2.

Syknet and Future Shock were great. Nothing like Doom either as they were one of the first fps games with a fully polygon game engine, well before Quake. It was mind blowing at the time. The game was also a lot more detailed than the usual find the key card and get to the exit games of the time. Would love to see them on gog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

Almost all Terminator games have been dreadful, the only one I remember enjoying was Future Shock for DOS. It was like Doom / Doom 2.

Loved Future Shock up to trying to fly that ****ing plane thing! :D

Wasn’t there a much earlier game too called Terminator: Rampage? I remember it looking like a glossier Doom at the time

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well to 10 year old me 20+ years ago, it certainly looked and played like Doom.. I just remember loving it and thinking how realistic it looked. It absolutely blew my mind.

Im going download it and give it a play through this evening to see how it holds up with my memory of it..

My guess will be badly as it's a pre quake 3D engine, hard as nails, predates the WASD control system and made by Bethesda so probably riddled with bugs.

Would be interested in how you get on!

Loved Future Shock up to trying to fly that ****ing plane thing! :D

Wasn’t there a much earlier game too called Terminator: Rampage? I remember it looking like a glossier Doom at the time

Rampage looks like it used a similar engine to Wolf 3D. No height maps.

There was a very ambitious terminator game even before that on PC by Bethesda. It was a fully 3D open world City and you had to walk or drive around it while avoiding the Terminator who was hunting you down. It looks insane, like a proto GTA but with very primitive colour polygon graphics and a single digit framerate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

It's kinda strange how there has not been a properly good Terminator game really in the past 20 odd years. The only good ones were Rampage, Future Shock and Skynet. I think the last one I played was the very poor Salvation game on the Xbox 360. I can't really get very interested in this seeing as it's by the guys that made Rambo, one of the worst video games of the past decade. A true 1/10 game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Just like there hasn't been a properly good Terminator film :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Can we talk about how this is actually class?! Just finished there and I thoroughly enjoyed it. This completely passed me by on release and I stumbled upon it on sale on Steam.

What they managed to acomplish with what I assume was such a limited budget is really impressive. Sure it looks like a PS3 game but the atmosphere is so good that you don't really care. There's some great nods and easter eggs to the old source material too. The game ramps up nicely as you go and they somehow are able to reuse areas to great effect.

They managed to hone in on all the right things and I think what has resulted here is the piece of Terminator content most deserving to be mentioned along with those first two films. Easily tops all the trash that's been in the cinema ever since.

Infiltrator mode DLC looks like it's gonna be good fun too.

Advertisement