Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Spencerfreeman

Overheal wrote: »
    If you’re trying to suggest the reason Nixon left when he did was he “had a conscience” I assure you it’s not. You should listen to the Nixon tapes, And watch the interviews he gave, where he was emphatic that when the president does it, then it is not illegal (not judicial, not criminal, ohhhhh see?).

The reason Nixon resigned before articles of impeachment passed was Constitutional law: Nixon would have had zero ability to be pardoned once articles passed, once passed the POTUS’ charges can only be convicted or dismissed by the Senate. As we know, Gerald Ford pardoned the President for his crimes.

Trump won’t take the same approach because he didn’t just commit federal crimes, but serious state level crimes that pardon power does not extend to. Even if he stepped down and Pence pardoned him he’d be indicted on the spot by the SDNY.

You mention Gerald Ford? The unelected sexual deviant?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,037 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sondland is on the payroll, or has been shown something that will shame him.

You know this will not get rid of Trump anyway.

The ambassador who donated $1M to Donald Trumps inaugural fund to be appointed as an ambassador is “on the payroll” ... LMAO

Something that will shame him? Yeah I hope so: the testimony from other White House officials that found him to be culpable of perjury would do it.

You’re grasping.

Those testimonies involved national security, the reason for having closed door testimony.
    The gangster Paul Ryan was also involved in those decisions.

And these dont? Volkers testimony details how much disdain Trump has for the Ukraine.

The ambassador who donated $1M to Donald Trumps inaugural fund to be appointed as an ambassador is “on the payroll” ... LMAO

Something that will shame him? Yeah I hope so: the testimony from other White House officials that found him to be culpable of perjury would do it.

You’re grasping.
    It's not I who grasp. This is a bona fide witch hunt.

I agree on the donation, it goes on all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Igotadose wrote: »
    This is potentially sacrificing people (in the Ukraine, by delaying arms shipments), in order to influence an election. Loathsome.

Oh pluh-lezze.

Tell me, who once said: “one cannot win a war with blankets.”

• Advertisement

You mention Gerald Ford? The unelected sexual deviant?

I mean Gerald Ford the Vice President. As if impugning him changes matters of fact? He did pardon Nixon there’s nothing else about GRF that is relevant to this impeachment topic. GRF could be a pedophiliac lizard person for all the relevancy it has here. And a commie!

And these dont? Volkers testimony details how much disdain Trump has for the Ukraine.

The corrupt Ukraine that the previous administration's fomented a coup in?
    Who put these gangsters in place?

The corrupt Ukraine that the previous administration's fomented a coup in?
    Who put these gangsters in place?

Conspiracy theories belong in the conspiracy theories forum imho

Conspiracy theories belong in the conspiracy theories forum imho

If I had said Vindman had advised on which rifles to use in Maidan square, then I would agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭Cody montana

So will we be moving onto a "quid pro quo" being fine now?

• Advertisement

Shhhhh

I was gonna let Pete keep digging that hole!

I mean Gerald Ford the Vice President. As if impugning him changes matters of fact? He did pardon Nixon there’s nothing else about GRF that is relevant to this impeachment topic. GRF could be a pedophiliac lizard person for all the relevancy it has here. And a commie!

A vice president gave a presidential pardon? That's a new one!

A vice president gave a presidential pardon? That's a new one!

Indeed it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Sondland is on the payroll, or has been shown something that will shame him.

So, let me get this straight.

Everyone who testified to say that there was a QPQ must have done so for nefarious purposes. It's quite remarkable that their separate testimony all lines up with one another. I take it that that must be some sort of conspiracy where they got together to get their stories straight? And their testimony being backed up with documentary evidence, some of which comes from the WH itself? Is Trump himself in on this conspiracy to impeach Trump?

This goes right to the top!

I wonder if it's connected to this one from Trump's brain trust.

EIn0vjUX0AAEPMM?format=jpg&name=small

So, let me get this straigh

Both sides have criminals. The fun is figuring out what's the inducement.

So, let me get this straigh

Both sides have criminals. The fun is figuring out what's the inducement.

Why so much gaslighting friend?

Why does John Solomon keep popping up? It seems he was working more closely with Giuliani than I had thought.

EIomG5yXUAIOvEw?format=png&name=small

Why so much gaslighting friend?

Just a reflection of my current reading matter.
    You lot have harassed away most others that cared to try.

Just a reflection of my current reading matter.
    You lot have harassed away most others that cared to try.

To refresh your memory most of them were threadbanned because they couldn’t stick to the topic of the impeachment.

To refresh your memory most of them were threadbanned because they couldn’t stick to the topic of the impeachment.

I was assuming, now I know. I wasn't here.

• Advertisement

EIot982WkAAY0kc.png:large

The denial is unreal.

EIot982WkAAY0kc.png:large

The denial is unreal.

Thanks for posting some fact for a change, refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

So, let me get this straight.

Everyone who testified to say that there was a QPQ must have done so for nefarious purposes. It's quite remarkable that their separate testimony all lines up with one another. I take it that that must be some sort of conspiracy where they got together to get their stories straight? And their testimony being backed up with documentary evidence, some of which comes from the WH itself? Is Trump himself in on this conspiracy to impeach Trump?

This goes right to the top!

I wonder if it's connected to this one from Trump's brain trust.

EIn0vjUX0AAEPMM?format=jpg&name=small
    Nkgm.gif

You first.

530zYw0.jpg

Yes, while at the same time saying that there was no quid pro quo. Trump was just rightfully demanding a quid-pro-quo because Biden needed to be investigated for his quid-pro-quo because quid-pro-quos are bad. Trump didn't ask for a quid-pro-quo but the one that he demanded was totally fine.

I hope this makes sense.

Nice to see the White House engaging with the inquiry, while simultaneously calling this a sham: “this is all a bogus witch hunt but just in case this is all completely constitutional (it is)...”

They’re planning to put Jim Jordan on the House Intelligence Committee, replacing Devin Nunes. Nunes had to recuse himself on the Russian interference in the 2016 election after supplying false information to the committee.

I have a $5 bet out that Trump also wants Jordan because he reminds him of Aaron Eckhart. Jordan really milks that’s look too, I want to start a betting pool for how cold it will be outside in DC before he puts on his coat.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/house-gop-eyes-committee-shake-up-ahead-of-trump-impeachment-hearings/2019/11/05/55efd564-ffe5-11e9-8501-2a7123a38c58_story.html

Nice to see the White House engaging with the inquiry, while simultaneously calling this a sham: “this is all a bogus witch hunt but just in case this is all completely constitutional (it is)...”

They’re planning to put Jim Jordan on the House Intelligence Committee, replacing Devin Nunes. Nunes had to recuse himself on the Russian interference in the 2016 election after supplying false information to the committee.

I have a $5 bet out that Trump also wants Jordan because he reminds him of Aaron Eckhart. Jordan really milks that’s look too, I want to start a betting pool for how cold it will be outside in DC before he puts on his coat.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/house-gop-eyes-committee-shake-up-ahead-of-trump-impeachment-hearings/2019/11/05/55efd564-ffe5-11e9-8501-2a7123a38c58_story.html

Alright, WhoTF is Aaron Eckhart?

Yes, while at the same time saying that there was no quid pro quo. Trump was just rightfully demanding a quid-pro-quo because Biden needed to be investigated for his quid-pro-quo because quid-pro-quos are bad. Trump didn't ask for a quid-pro-quo but the one that he demanded was totally fine.

I hope this makes sense.

Who will take the fall though?

The dam has burst and republicans are neck deep in floods waters.
    Who will go down first?

Who will take the fall though?

The dam has burst and republicans are neck deep in floods waters.
    Who will go down first?

It might as well be a flood of rosewater as far as Trump is concerned.

• Advertisement

It might as well be a flood of rosewater as far as Trump is concerned.

'Trump didn't drain the swamp he sprinkled it with rosewater and charged for Gondola rides through it'

Advertisement