Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Servant - Apple TV+ Original (***Spoilers***) M Night Shyamalan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭Rfrip

This is so so good! Raging because I thought all eps for season two were there! Didn’t realise it was week to week!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

It just keeps getting funnier. The mother slapping the head off the weird uncle. "Where is your betamax player?".
    Is it just me or is it absolutely hilarious?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

It just keeps getting funnier. The mother slapping the head off the weird uncle. "Where is your betamax player?".
    Is it just me or is it absolutely hilarious?

After being abit creeped out by season 1, I’m finding season 2 very funny. I can’t put my finger on why 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Zhane wrote: »
    After being abit creeped out by season 1, I’m finding season 2 very funny. I can’t put my finger on why ����

It's the hamming up of the clichés combined with actual slapstick and funny lines. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

2.7: I'm lost.. I assume the reveal must be coming up soon..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Ugh the episodes are too fecking short!!

2.8: I'm lost. I don't have a clue anymore! :D

2.9: Well.. guessing
    things are about to escalate now .. I'm thinking this is yer wan that yer man was warning about.. then I recognised her voice and checked, it's Barbara Sukowa
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0837784/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Well that escalated rapidly!!!

2.10: What the.. I.. ok.. I

Well I can see what it's been renewed for a season 3.

I've not idea where they are going with it. Maybe
    there's gonna be a big fight in season 3.
    I dunno

That moment in the episode when
    Leanne gets the knife and I'm like "ah right, she's got something to defen... hold up.. there's Josephine stabbing herself with a fork.. nevermind"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

It’s a fcuking bonkers show. How the hell did it get green lit?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

It’s a fcuking bonkers show. How the hell did it get green lit?!

Apple needed content. Haha

While I think that’s true. The show is so bonkers I’m gonna stick with it till the end to see how it turns out. It has been renewed for season 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Zhane wrote: »
    Apple needed content. Haha

While I think that’s true. The show is so bonkers I’m gonna stick with it till the end to see how it turns out. It has been renewed for season 3

Ha! Even though I’ve said it’s “bonkers” I’m the same. I’m going to see it through. Why do people do that with shows when you know it’s crap/bonkers you stick with it?!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Just finished this, having been able to watch the two seasons pretty much back-to-back.

I agree it's bonkers but it's also what makes it so entertaining - enough that I don't really care if there's no reason for any of the madness. So they're some kind of angels where you never stray from the Grand Design. Just let them keep doing all the weird creepy crap (the standout being Uncle George who is fantastic) and I'll be happy. And as the show is very Covid-friendly for production (Shyamalan said as much), we shouldn't have any delay with its third season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

First 5 episodes of season 2 not doing it for me at all. Does it pick up, or is the WTF'ery from season 1 left til final episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,782 ✭✭✭✭Basq

First 5 episodes of season 2 not doing it for me at all. Does it pick up, or is the WTF'ery from season 1 left til final episode?
    Didn't think much of season 2 either being honest.. was a bit all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,362 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 3 starts January 21st 2022

Awe crap.. I'm gonna need a recap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Being careful here to not see other posts as I’ve only seen the second episode earlier but I have to say this “out loud”.

I knew nothing about the story before I started watching last week and the reveal that the baby was a doll and then a real baby was mind blowing.

However Sean’s (and later Julien’s) reaction of not calling the police and Sean sneaking around his own house with Julian so as not to alert Leanne was something that threw me off in the second episode. Obviously the story can’t have the baby going into care during an investigation but it was just something that sit right with me.

Great show though. Sean being punished with the shards of the cross has me thinking of the old Hammer movies and the series Salem - it is like something that would happen in those. And I love that I can’t figure out what is going on and where it is all going.

I had thought it was created, written & directed by Shyamalan and everything I saw in headlines suggested it is but was surprised to see he is an executive producer and occasional director. Is he getting praise as being more involved than he is?

• Advertisement

Renewed for a 4th season.

So.. no reveal coming up then..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I watched the first season of this recently. It reminded me of The Outsider because how of unnerving it is at times. Really enjoyed it.

3.1: Given it has been renewed for a season 4.. i kinda lost connection to the idea of any big reveal stuff happening much.

Still a pretty well made episode. Especially with Leanne.

That kinda crazed smile/laugh.. the dead body in the wall.. the bugs

3.2: I'm not really sure I get why

they got all creepy with the music there at the end. Kinda like it was pointing at Leanne or something.. I dunno.

I knew the episode name was Hive going in so I was trying to figure out why and then when they did the bzzz bzzz bzzz song, I thought maybe. Then the hive came along! 😁

That whole singing scene was creepy as fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Bee hive yourself Leanne.

3.3: Ah Julien!

😁 .. but also those visions.. it's wierd.. they feel a bit flash-forwardey.. but I think they are playing them off as just in his head.

Anyway.. looks like The Others (TM) might have shown up with these kids. Who knows though.

3.4: I..

I..

I think once it got to that point.. my flow was something like: 😲 .. 😱😱😱 .. 😲 .. 😨 .. and just generally to end with 😲

I think the only thing worse I was worried about (while looking through my fingers [no pun intended] was when Toby put his hand down to get the ring.. I didn't know if he'd still have a hand the next minute

so.. those kids.. definitely being made out to part of that other group.

but yeah, generally that whole kinda run up to the end for the last 10 minutes 😲 and how the music tied in with it all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Glad someone else is watching this. It is so entertainingly bonkers!! Poor Toby. I loved that he just keeled over off camera.

Advertisement