Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Vitamin D supplement(s) for SAD?

Options
  • 22-09-2019 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

Depressing winter weather is on the way again so I'd like to get a good Vit D supplement to help cope with it a bit better.

Can anyone link to one they personally found worth using, please? Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Cavey

Well I use the one from bulkpowders. To truly know how effective it is, I would need to get a bloods done for vitamin d levels after a period of not taking it and then another test after a second period of having it daily. Even doing that, the results might be skewed due to different amounts of sun exposure each day.

Anecdotally, it works for me. It's also high strength at 5,000 IU and very inexpensive. I take it in the mornings when I'm having a coffee with cream. Fats help vitamin d absorption and it's best to take vitamin d earlier in the day since that is when you would be getting sun exposure.

https://www.bulkpowders.ie/vitamin-d3-tablets-5000iu.html

There's also this brand named Puori (formerly Pure Pharma) that have a high quality vitamin d supplement.

https://www.puori.com/eu/en_gb/product/421362/d3-vitamin-d

If you're in Dublin, you can buy the Puori vitamin d3 from the d8 fitness store up by cork street. The Puori might be better since its in liquid form and I remember reading that it would be more easily absorbed by the body.

See what works for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,847 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

its recommended to take Magnesium as it helps in the absorption and use of Vit D , its a cheap enough supplement.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Not all vitamins are equal.
    I take 10000 iu per day. Wife takes 20000 with Crohn's.
    The different carrier oils had different effects on us both.
    Magnesium is essential with it.

Advertisement