Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI/Aer Lingus Aer Card - experience

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi SB Morer,

Thanks for taking the time to update us on your experience. Please be assured all feedback received here is included on management reports.

Hope you have a great time on your trips!

Thanks

Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭aquarius10

Asking for advice please

We have the Aer credit card and have 2 lounge passes to use.

we have 2 Aer Lingus flights this year but they are all v early morning and don’t want to use them that early.

Does anyone know if we could use them in Shannon airport before a Ryanair flight ? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SB Morer

You need to input an Aer Lingus flight number and booking reference when redeeming awards and the flight details are printed on the pass. I have no idea if they verify those details in the Shannon lounge, or if you could input any Aer Lingus flight number leaving Shannon around the same time as your Ryanair flight. I’ve only ever redeemed for the Dublin lounge and they definitely check the details there. Not sure I’d take the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Kilteragh

I submitted a request for flights on 6th October.

Got an automated response immediately to say they had received my request and would aim to respond to me within 3 working days.

Got another response on 9th October to say they have "processed" my request and would confirm to me within 5 working days whether my request had been granted (What?!? - how can it take this long?)

5 working days came and went and still nothing more. So I followed the process of contacting them via the supplied email address (as this is the only way to do it) and quoted my case number. That was yesterday, 18th October and I got the same automated response as the original request. Nothing since.

This is a shambles and is starting to look like a long, drawn-out way of telling me no so that I won't bother putting in another request.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SB Morer

The process really isn’t fit for purpose and is a complete shambles to be honest. They simply won’t invest in a development for their credit card customers (presumably as there are so few of us). Even if they could provide a calendar showing availability it’d be something. I use the avios.com availability as a guide, but it’s not a guarantee. They need to provide a dedicated phone line, or at least seriously improve response time at a minimum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement