Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

I watched a lot of Heartbreak High on YouTube a few years ago and it's so tame compared to what I remember. I was quite young when it was first on and I thought they were all so cool and edgy :D

I think it was in its first and second season, and then it got very soft. I did a whole rewatch of it about 5 years ago courtesy of our imprisoned friends from Sweden!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

fin12 wrote: »
    Virgin river season 2 on Netflix now.

I remember watching the first series and while it was usual American show tropes they did manage to not lash them on like it was the gable end of a house which isn’t always how they do it. So because of that I might give the new season a look hoping they haven’t fallen into the old pitfalls.

Edit: I remember heartbreak high but I can’t say I watched it a lot. Pug wall and round the twist were good though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Edit: I remember heartbreak high but I can’t say I watched it a lot. Pug wall and round the twist were good though.

Isn't it weird how Australian heavy Irish childhoods were for a while

Isn't it weird how Australian heavy Irish childhoods were for a while

Yeah we got a lot of American tv but when you actually list them out we did get a fair number of Australia kids shows. Although around the twist was a bit mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Yeah we got a lot of American tv but when you actually list them out we did get a fair number of Australia kids shows. Although around the twist was a bit mad.

You should probably get some sort of ban for getting the theme song stuck in everyone's head again.

• Advertisement

FunLover18 wrote: »
    You should probably get some sort of ban for getting the theme song stuck in everyone's head again.

Is it being stuck in my head now punishment enough ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is it being stuck in my head now punishment enough ?

Well it's not like we haven't already heard the word about the bird and the spider

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

A lot those old ozzie shows were added to UK prime a while ago including heartbreak high and round the twist. I wonder are they all going to pop up on Netflix now.

There was some proper blasts from the past, I remember a whole crop of Sci fi kids shows like Girl from Tomorrow, Half Way Across the Galaxy and Turn Left, The Tribe.

I flicked through some of season 1 of Home & Away for a bit of nostalgia too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Mickeroo wrote: »
    A lot those old ozzie shows were added to UK prime a while ago including heartbreak high and round the twist. I wonder are they all going to pop up on Netflix now.

There was some proper blasts from the past, I remember a whole crop of Sci fi kids shows like Girl from Tomorrow, Half Way Across the Galaxy and Turn Left, The Tribe.

I flicked through some of season 1 of Home & Away for a bit of nostalgia too :pac:

Cliffhanger at the end of each episode (H&A)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Home & Away is on my prime watch list but I've never got around to at least throwing on the first episode. Didn't realise The Girl From Tomorrow was also there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

Onto season 3 on Borgen now. Excellent Danish political drama.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Home & Away is on my prime watch list but I've never got around to at least throwing on the first episode. Didn't realise The Girl From Tomorrow was also there.
    Just checked mine and its still there, round the twist too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Lasted 8 mins 44 seconds into dolly’s film

Did the singing ever stop?

Christ almighty.

I think my ears are actually bleeding

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Rfrip wrote: »

Christ almighty.

Lol,

Does she sing 9 to 5? Is it all just Christmas stuff?

Lol,

Does she sing 9 to 5? Is it all just Christmas stuff?

It’s just possibly the worst thing I ever seen

And you know the ****e I watch

It’s just possibly the worst thing I ever seen

And you know the ****e I watch

R u going to watch season 2 of virgin river? Not that that is shi*te lol. I’m binge watching the whole thing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭munster87

If you’re not too critical, Ackley Bridge is an easy enough watch!

R u going to watch season 2 of virgin river? Not that that is shi*te lol. I’m binge watching the whole thing now.

I actually havnt watched the first one! I must!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

If Anything Happens I Love You

Short animated film about two parents grieving the loss of their child. 12 minutes long, very simple animation, no spoken dialogue, profoundly moving.

That was really done well. Something you don't expect to see on Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Plus One (2019)

Romcom chick flick type of movie but I found it actually very good.
    Two friends decide to be each others plus one at upcoming weddings to prevent awkward encounters whilst sitting at the singleton table.

Fairly predictable but still worth a shout.

Stars Jack Quaid (The Boyz) and Maya Erskine (I've not seen anything of her previously but she's very good and funny):)

• Advertisement

I actually havnt watched the first one! I must!

If u liked Dynasty, u should watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Rake lives up to it's 8.5 rating on IMDB.

Half way through season 2.Absolutely brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Treppen

Whatever you do don't watch that 2012 Oliver Stone trash "savage".
    A sack of cack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

peteeeed wrote: »
    Hillbilly Elegy
    Based on the novel by JD Vance, it follows Vance, a former Marine from southern Ohio and current Yale Law student, who is on the verge of landing his dream job when a family crisis forces him to return to the home he’s tried to forget. J.D. must navigate the complex dynamics of his Appalachian family, including his volatile relationship with his mother Bev (Amy Adams), who’s struggling with addiction. Fueled by memories of his grandmother Mamaw (Glenn Close), the resilient and whip-smart woman who raised him, J.D. comes to realize that to achieve his dreams, he must embrace his roots.

I watched this tonight - thought it was quite good. Glenn Close is particularly brilliant in it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The Uncanny Counter season 1 ( Korean)
    Noodle shop employees by day and demon hunters by night, the Counters use special abilities to chase down malevolent spirits that prey on humans.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I know nothing about basketball so there was a good twist at the end of a kid from Coney Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Addle wrote: »
    I know nothing about basketball so there was a good twist at the end of a kid from Coney Island.

I enjoyed it too
    Didn’t know much about his story

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

seligehgit wrote: »
    Rake lives up to it's 8.5 rating on IMDB.

Half way through season 2.Absolutely brilliant.

I have watched the Rake series twice so far. It's Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Syndic

I watched Operation Christmas Drop last night. After it finished I was convinced it was the best Christmas movie of all time. A 10/10.

Today, I've come to my senses. It was the 5th and final Xmas movie I watched yesterday and all the others were so bad they convinced me this was a masterpiece. It is a lovely movie though, perfect Sunday afternoon fluff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Christ almighty.

You were told! Lol

Watch home for Christmas instead if you haven't :)

Advertisement