Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTSO 1

Options
  • 19-09-2019 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi all,

I made an enquiry on Revenue.ie recently regarding the sale of shares and was told that if I sell shares I will need to declare it on a RTSO 1 form. Until now I thought that all I needed to do was to declare it on the Form 12 for the Capital Gains Tax, I hadn't even heard of the RTSO 1.

To date, I have sold shares (eg. Ryanair) on three occasions: in March, April and July of this year. I have made a total gain of about €50 on this (I know, I'm no Warren Buffett!). Can anyone who has dealt with this previously advise me on what I should be doing here?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: My original query related to ETFs, could it be possible that Revenue were referring to that rather than standard shares as mentioned above?

Advertisement