Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People putting their feet up

Options
  • 18-09-2019 4:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13

What do you think of people who put the soles of their feet up when you are sitting opposite them? We have this problem in the house with the sisters putting their feet on the coffee table in the living room. It's not so bad if the soles are just resting on the table edge with the knees bent. But even at that, if person sits down on the same couch as you and puts a cup or a plate on the table, then the person with their feet up should know to remove them. There is something wrong about eating your food from where someone's feet are, even if the feet all the way over at the other side of the table and out of sight.

Another thing I would've hated, is when you're in a lecture theater and someone sitting in the row behind you, puts their feet on the seat beside you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

PeteTown wrote: »
    What do you think of people who put the soles of their feet up when you are sitting opposite them?
    I love them. They are my favourite kind of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...There is something wrong about eating your foot from where someone's feet are...

I've been saying that for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

You need to keep a rolled up magazine handy for such people.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,635 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I can't see my laptop screen behind my feet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭touts

What do you think of people who put the soles of their feet up when you are sitting opposite them? We have this problem in the house with the sisters putting their feet on the coffee table in the living room. It's not so bad if the soles are just resting on the table edge with the knees bent. But even at that, if person sits down on the same couch as you and puts a cup or a plate on the table, then the person with their feet up should know to remove them. There is something wrong about eating your food from where someone's feet are, even if the feet all the way over at the other side of the table and out of sight.

Another thing I would've hated, is when you're in a lecture theater and someone sitting in the row behind you, puts their feet on the seat beside you.

Wait until your sisters are eating then take off your shoes and drop them on the plate into the food. That will bring the whole thing to a head fairly quickly. A blazing row now is the only way to nip this in the bud.

Try it at dinner tonight and then let us know how it goes. I'd say you'll be pleasantly amazed at the reaction.

(Quick ma. Put on some popcorn).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I do this ..i sit like a cat

81nFIb25UjL._SX425_.jpg

a mermaid

mermaid-sitting-in-seashell-3.jpg

and i can balance on anything in a bird like squat position.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVzc74SliGCLLnFeJDKnZX-8dVSsWUG0az503rglaTAu3EGzTt

rb3.gif

I sit like this unconsciously pretty much anywhere until they throw me out. Or someone tells me off.:( That has happened by the way. I wanted to die!

I don't MEAN to do this.:o Its just unconscious.

60% of the time at home i don't sit with my feet on the floor. And ALL my friends know this is just how i sit. They think its kind of idiosyncratic at this stage particularly the cat/perching thing. Its just the way i am.

You can tell me to get my feet down if you want. :o

I am sorry OP!

ELM327 wrote: »
    I can't see my laptop screen behind my feet
    You can't???

I'm a MUTANT! :pac:

I do this ..i sit like a cat

81nFIb25UjL._SX425_.jpg

a mermaid

mermaid-sitting-in-seashell-3.jpg

and i can balance on anything in a bird like squat position.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVzc74SliGCLLnFeJDKnZX-8dVSsWUG0az503rglaTAu3EGzTt

rb3.gif

I sit like this unconsciously pretty much anywhere until they throw me out. Or someone tells me off.:( That has happened by the way. I wanted to die!

60% of the time at home i don't sit with my feet on the floor. And ALL my friends know this is just how i sit. They think its kind of idiosyncratic at this stage particularly the cat/perching thing. Its just the way i am.

You can tell me to get my feet down if you want. :o

I am sorry OP!

Sounds like you'd be good in the circus.

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    Sounds like you'd be good in the circus.
    Im a clown! :p:o

rb3.gif

You regularly sit like that? Do you have a Japanese toilet underneath you at all times?

• Advertisement

Guy Person wrote: »
    You regularly sit like that? Do you have a Japanese toilet underneath you at all times?
    nearly all the time i am sitting like that right now on a chair at my desk.

:o

I think they're all copying Ariana Grande.

nope :o always been that way. She copied me.

Plus i can out perch her!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Is she a fan of the Japanese jacks?

Is she a fan of the Japanese jacks?

Not that I'm aware of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Count yourself lucky that your sisters are just resting their feet on the table and not rooting them up your hole OP. I have a rake of sisters in my house and you would want to be keeping the rows to a minimum, the last thing you would want is getting up to high doe over a few feet on the table, not worth it pal, keep your knives sharp for a more honest argument like who is getting the end bit of the roast beef of a Sunday or who has to do the driving on Saturday night. It is never easy sharing a bathroom with 5 sisters, you can't be letting their feat get in the way, there are other mountains to climb.

Are their feat clean btw? Cause if they are stinking I can really empathise with you, there is nothing more rotten than your own stinking feat than the stink of your sisters, particularly if she was working all day and is after walking home from the bus stop, Jesus it doesn't bear thinking about.

In my humble opinion this thread started odd and went uphill from there.

In my humble opinion this thread started odd and went uphill from there.

And how do you tend to sit?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,760 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

This problem won't be solved until the world is rid of people. Or tables.

And how do you tend to sit?

tumblr_nt1fkhgCKD1ta8ayco1_400.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I put my feet up on a chair in a pub recently and the waiter lad came down and gave out to me.

Fair enough

tumblr_nt1fkhgCKD1ta8ayco1_400.gif

That's one cool cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Too much interaction isn't a good thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 PeteTown

Are you high today?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Who gives a ****? They've worked all their lives. It's the least they can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That's how I used to haunch at the back of the chapel in mass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Pick your nose while eating your dinner OP. Flick the produce into your dinner.

Feet and the people attached to them will disappear 'like a hot snot'...

Sorted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 PeteTown

Who gives a ****? They've worked all their lives. It's the least they can do.
    No they most certainly have not. I'm more the working kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

No they most certainly have not. I'm more the working kind.
    Oh right, tell the lazy bastids to get a job then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

PeteTown is more the banned kind. No point directing posts to him; he cant answer. Ill leave the thread open in case others want to discuss the OP.

Advertisement