Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Solheim Cup

  • 16-09-2019 9:31pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭ zztop


    Wonderful result ,last putt wins for Europe.
    Not even a mention on RT**E.


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 871 Remind me


    zztop wrote: »
    Wonderful result ,last putt wins for Europe.
    Not even a mention on RT**E.

    It was on RTÉ news yesterday and is on the website


  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭ zztop


    Remind me wrote: »
    It was on RTÉ news yesterday and is on the website
    Watched 6 and 9 news.Not a mention.


  • Registered Users Posts: 871 Remind me


    zztop wrote: »
    Watched 6 and 9 news.Not a mention.

    Apologies if it wasn’t, I was sure I saw it on the 9.

    It is still the main headline on the website but it should be a main story on the 6 and or 9 news.


  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭ Golfhead65


    Remind me wrote: »
    Apologies if it wasn’t, I was sure I saw it on the 9.

    It is still the main headline on the website but it should be a main story on the 6 and or 9 news.

    I listen to Rte radio news in the mornings and on their sports bulletin at 8:30&11oc there was no mention of the Solheim Cup..That's a bit like RTE, if they are not covering it live or highlights they don't seem to bother


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭ slave1


    Sure this is a Golf Forum and very little mention here, I watched the Sunday and enjoyed it, albeit very slow golf for singles


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭ spacecoyote


    slave1 wrote: »
    Sure this is a Golf Forum and very little mention here, I watched the Sunday and enjoyed it, albeit very slow golf for singles

    Was tons of criticism about the pace of play from the commentators, as well as online. I'm pretty sure that the last of the 4-ball matches on the Saturday took 6.5 hours to complete the round, which seems insane to me. I know that the conditions were really bad, but that just making excuses for it.

    Was an epic ending to a Team tournament though, class way to finish it off (and finish off a career)


Advertisement